Are these GP's ok

bignastystacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard about all the horror stories of swelled plugs so I dont wanna risk anything. I thought the Price was a little too cheap so i wanted to double check. These are 10 a piece everywhere else I figer 24 for a set of 8 I cant go wrong unless they arent the right part.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I wouldn't put them in my truck, Motorcraft only. Other brands have a bad habit of swelling then breaking when you try to take them out, leaving a chunk of gp in the engine to do damage.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I wouldn't put them in my truck, Motorcraft only. Other brands have a bad habit of swelling then breaking when you try to take them out, leaving a chunk of gp in the engine to do damage.

+2
After experiencing swollen GP removal, Motorcraft Berus only in my trucks.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran across a set of International glowplugs on ebay, and they do have Beru made in Germany written on them, in case you run across a set of these.

International part #1819649C1

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck had two champions in it- thank God neither one had a swollen tip!

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
I have had Bosh GPs for a 2 months now and they work great, I pulled out a few Bosh plugs as well and they were not swollen. I wanted the Motocraft ones but i could only afford the bosh plugs so i figured Bosh has been making diesel parts for a many yeas now so i'll give them a shot.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I bought 2 sets from this SAMe guy and I highly reccomend him! The plugs come packaged safely so not to get banged around during shipping and he's damn quick (for international shipping, or so I thought anyways). THe plugs are EXACTLY what he sayd they are, and the same parts my local auto supplier carries....at $19.99/plug. I pulled a plug from my truck to check and they are the right parts!

I'd say go for it! You'll be happy with them as far as I'm concerned.

BigDiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they are made in Germany then there good. If there made in Japan then they'll prolly burn out within a week like mine did. I now run spade terminal gm 6.5 diesel bosch duraterms and they work awesome. Ive heard of a guy who tested the duraterms for 44 hrs straight and they didn't burn out.

bignastystacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will let yall know what I end up with. Right now the price is calling my name and its getting nice and cold here (25* @ 5pm yesterday).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online