Anyone using Powerstroke Ambulance alternator?

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...

So I was looking around for a higher output alternator to upgrade mine and wasn't having much luck (other then spending $600 or so from DC).

Looking around on Rockauto... I found that the 93 idi and 95 powerstroke share alternators... Part nummbers match up on several of them so I would assume mounting style and wiring are plug and play.

With that said, on the '95, they offer an ambulance package 215a alternator that looks to mount just like the others do (instead of the oddball mount for the early ambulance package alternators). The Remy reman with a lifetime warranty can be had for $135+core.

The electrical connection is at the 2:00 position instead of the 7:00... and it uses an external fan... but other then that, I'm not seeing any difference

Will this bolt up? Has anyone tried it?

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found posts of FTE showing guys with powerstrokes pretty well using this as a bolt on upgrade... so if that's the case, it should be a "bolt on" upgrade for us as well. The harness plug is the same... main power cable needs to be up-sized.. and a ground needs to be added. Otherwise, looks like plug and play.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think it'll be a problem either way.. I'd say the harness has enough slack to get it there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online