Anyone using a Turbo 3000D Vada?

Semi Crazy

Reaction score
Put one of these ona 1996 Pete with a 3406, and the mileage is up over 6.0, never been better than 5.2 ever, pulling flatbeds hauling containers. Anyone else using one? What has been your experience?

Brickman

Reaction score
I put one on my truck near the end of last quarter 2005.

Once I get results in for all of first quarter 2006 I'll let you know.

I think it is up some, but with Landstar doing the fuel tax stuff I don't keep close records like I did when I had to do it all.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Those things are a scam. The boss bought a whole bunch of them, for our fleet.

DIDN'T DO JACK!!

When he called them, they wouldn't do anything about it, except tell him that they require 100 psi fuel pressure. :rolleyes: Funny how they didn't mention that in any of the literature, or verbally. Con artists, period.

Not to mention the fact, that they are a pain in the posterior to install correctly, OR exactly right in the way, if you install them where it is simple.

I forgot to mention, that we have them on 3406e, C-15 bridge, and ACERT engines.

Last edited:

Brickman

Reaction score
Hey PackRat every body i've talked to that runs em sez they either they do a lot or nothing. Seems to be no middle ground.

maniac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems to be no middle ground.

Sad but some of these guys either don't know how to figure their MPG or don't want to say they bought something that doesnt work.

I had a fuel preporator on my KW, didn't do a dam thing but buzz in the radio when I had it on AM.

In defense of the preporator, the manufacturer didn't make any claims for the electronic engines, only said MAYBE more power and MPG.

THe fuel preporator does claim to work on older mechanical engines.

What I find really amamzing is they both claim power and MPG, and they both work opposite one another :confused:

The preporator takes the air OUT of the fuel, and the turbo 3000D puts air IN the fuel.

Anyway packrat, thanks for an HONEST assesment, wonder why its so hard for some of these driver/owners to do the same, GEEZ, I'd hate to see someone make a mistake buying some snake oil, even if I did.

Here is a link to both of them, the fuel preporator, was a father and son deal, but they split, so now one of them is called "air dog" and the other calls it the "F.A.S.S." system.

SNAKE OIL , JMHO ;Really

http://www.iowa80.com/iowa80/shop?method=product&prodid=25857

http://www.itpdiesel.com/store.php?crn=151&rn=284&action=show_detail