Anyone run srw stainless simulators?

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found these on the net as a possible replacement for the hub caps on my 93. I don't really want fancy rims cause I do not want to maintain them. I thought these stainless hubcaps might look better than bare steel wheels and be fairly low maintenance. I would run the factory 93 hubcaps but one is Mia and another one is all broken up.

Thanks
Jeremy

http://www.hubcaphaven.com/mm5/merc..._Code=HC&Product_Code=1649&Category_Code=1987

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
simulators are fine until you find a high curb.
it shouldn't be a problem with SRW rims though.
i used to treat the towtrucks to chrome rims until the drivers started tearing them up, simulators are cheaper to replace.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm liking the simulators for ease of replacement and maintenance. Seems like Aluminum rims get corroded up in 3-4 years anyway and start looking rough. Also Most of the new aluminum rims are ugly as sin.

Thanks for the replies.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
simulators are fine until you find a high curb.
Ain't that the truth :shocked: Both front simulators on all three of the buses at work have been replaced at least once because careless drivers got too close to a high curb. I can honestly say that I haven't been responsible for any of them...I learned to approach curbs so that the tire makes contact (at an angle, so the sidewall doesn't get gashed up) before the simulators do. Simulators for 19.5" rims are not cheap :shocked:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To expand a bit more on the simulator vs curb issue, I took this picture at work today. You can see where the simulators have scraped the side of the curb before :shocked:

You must be registered for see images attach

Just something to be aware of...

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the SRW sims. If you have steel wheels, black them out and rock the sims. Much better than the plastic ford ones.

Reaction score
Subscribed. Definitely interested in seeing pics of the SRW hubcaps installed. I REALLY wanted to find a set of the late-OBS Alcoas to throw on when I got new rubber, but missed the opportunity. These would hold me over until I need new rubber in.......10 years or whatever it'll take me to wear these out.

Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online