Anyone have a B&W Hitch to sell for 80-96 F250/350 w/overloads. Kit#1110?

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
Hey Guys & Gals!

I am looking for a B&W Hitch for my '93 F350. Anyone have one laying around in their way to get rid of? Or do you know where there might be one? Has to be the 1110 Kit to get along with the overloads. New ones have gone sky high in the last month and I am looking for a used setup now.

Thanks All!

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
The B&W is a specific brand of gooseneck hitch.

Here is a link to their site:

http://www.turnoverball.com/turnover.asp#

The ball can be removed and put in upside down to make a smooth floor and it can also be replaced with a companion fifth wheel setup too. The overloads are designated with or without for the application. That's all that I can tell you about that as far as overloads go. If the truck has overloads - Obviously it requires the hitch that is made for a truck with overloads. The kit #1110 is their part no.# for the kit with overloads....... I really don't think that it is not a well known item or brand name for some one that uses a gooseneck and/or fifth wheel hitch back and forth between the two is a quick and easy change with the B&W too....

Just thought that I would ask and see....

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
I have one. I got it a few years ago, and it is JUST the frame plates. You would need the center piece, but I am looking to off load it. I priced the center plate at a local dealer last year for 250 bucks. It is the NON overload version, BUT includes instructions to make it fit with overloads. All the hardware to mount it is there, still in the original (beat up) box.
100 bucks plus shipping and its yours. I am in NY so it wont be too bad to ship.

SORTIE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
please excuse my ignorance, but what makes a bed-mounted ball preferable to the traditional hitch mounted aft?

does it give the driver more control, or allow for heavier tongue weights by locating the hitch above the axles?

what is the minimum weight that justifies a BN ball?

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
It does allow a higher tongue weight on a gooseneck. And I guess it may be to me. More of what I am more comfortable with and what I prefer too. I am a truck driver (owner/operator) and I prefer it to be more like a big truck. I also think it is alot more stable and alot easier to handle and back too.... It puts the load a little ahead of the rear axle and changes the pivot point also....

Just what I prefer myself....

SORTIE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
more control + better ride sounds like a good reason to go with a GN

how much more expensive are the trailers?

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
Yeah a gooseneck is a much better trailer overall, higher hauling capacities, better trailer control, from general drving down the road to parking the trailer, much more even weight distribution on the truck.
A gooseneck trailer, brand new can be as little as 3000 dollars depending on what you are looking for in weight. My appalachin was originally a bumperpull, but recently converted to goosneck. When I bought it brand new I paid a little under 4K for a 12K pound tandem axle, pop-up beavertail with a few extra little options. The same trailer in a goosneck model was 1000 more I think?? The same trailer now converted to goosneck is just sooo much better all around.

In my opinion I think everytrailer should be a goosneck!

Hoss, wha'd ya think about the offer? I am going to see if my local B&W dealer will knock off the price on the one I need for my new rig and take the frame mounts off my hands in the next few days if you dont want it. The setup I have on my truck now I dont like.

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
Yeah - I would be intersted in them but, things are really tight around here right at the moment. I have worked a total of less than 4 weeks since January 7th. It is getting harder and harder to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am doing all I can to keep my business going now.

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
I hear ya there! Well, it looks like I will be hangin on to em, my trailer dealer wont give me crap for em and he wants wayyy too much for what I want. So give me a hollar if things change.

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine just got a brand new one for 340 delivered. Of course he still had to install it. I don't know if that's a sky high price or not, seemed expensive but probably worth it. Of course a used one for 100 would be even better.

On the ranch I work on we pull all sorts of insane loads of cattle, horses, hay, and equipment. Its not uncommon for a trailer to weigh over 20K loaded. Bumper pull trailers would never do the job, and a B&W is sure nice.

SORTIE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the most I'll ever tow is unlikely to exceed the vehicle's weight, I've been told that a GN is overkill for my little 5,500 boat & trailer

guess it all depends on price