anybody know where to get fuel injection lines

85f350

stroker
Reaction score
i recently bought a 1985 ford f350 witha 6.9 litre ats turbo charged diesel with 73000 original miles and found out i had a fuel leak in a couple of the injector return lines and so i changed them out and then come to find out my #7 fuel injector line had a cracked nut on it. i need to know is there way to fix this and if not where can i get a new line to fix this. any help would be greatly appreciated.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
I'm sure someone makes a set of them somewhere but your best bet would be to make a replacement. You might be able to get away with cutting the end off sliding the old nut off putting a new (see used good nut) on and getting it all back together like stock.

85f350

stroker
Reaction score
i have tried that before on my 91 7.3 and had disastrous results like i lost more fuel than could have saved by not driving and just waiting on my new lines but they dont make the lines anymore so i am SOL.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Try the local wreckers for a set off a junked truck...if you were down here I've got quite a few of them. Last i checked there was a few sets for sale on Ebay too. Used, but good sets.

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Midwest fuel injection has them. They are pricey though, 46 bucks apiece

85f350

stroker
Reaction score
is that the only place and i just found a 88-93 7.3 db2 injection pump with all lines still in bags and will it work

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
7.3 lines wont work on a 6.9. The injectors are in a different spot on the 7.3 due to changes for emissions purposes.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The differance in 6.9 and 7.3 lines is 60 thousands longer for the 7.3. The number one line is differant on the van motor from the truck motors. Thats about it and yes... They do still make new lines but as posted... They are expensive. Just make sure the line dampners are all in place. Otherwise you will continue to break the lines. I as others have found this out the hard way and it was expensive...

RustyRecycledT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
7.3 lines wont work on a 6.9. The injectors are in a different spot on the 7.3 due to changes for emissions purposes.

I don't know that I would go so far as to say they wont work. I had a cracked nut on 2 different lines. I went to the salvage yard and grabbed a set out of a '93 with a 7.3. I grabbed the 2 lines I needed out of the bunch and replaced them on my 6.9. They seem to work just fine to me.:dunno

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They work, but your timing will be slightly off on the cylinders that have different lines. You can use either lines on either engine, but you SHOULD use ALL of the lines from one style on the other, and that includes the pulse timing adapter for #1 if your switching from 6.9 lines to 7.3 lines, unless you replace the #1 7.3 line with one from a 7.3 powered van. Mixing and matching lines on the same engine will not produce the best results, so really you should try to keep the sets together. Also when you cross from one line set to the other, you may have just a little bit of trouble threading the nuts on since the lines are more or less perfectly bent for the engine they are intended for, but mechanically you will not have a problem once you do get them on there. As for finding a replacement line, I'd say just buy a new one. Yea, they are pricey but you only need to do it once. Check and make sure your line clamps are in good shape, as those little guys save you a bunch of money down the road.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I learned something today. You can't, or shouldn't interchange 6.9 lines with 7.3 lines.
I'm thinking we have atleast one or two 6.9 lines on the engine in my moms truck, which is running the 7.3 turbo fuel system. I wonder if that is where we get the rough run from in that motor.

85f350

stroker
Reaction score
so you are telling me that since my #7 line is bad that i cant use a 7.3 due to the fact that i would have to change out my whole fuel system. the line may be .060 longer but that should not matter even with the pulses it wouldnt change it. due to the constant fuel pressure in the line

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726