Any sources for Motor Mounts?

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Thankfully, the mounts are not in question any more, and the noise has mostly disappeared. I am still going to lube the u joints to see if that does anything.

Detonation is a deep knocking or popping sound (I have heard it a few times - not fun), this noise is more like preignition. Maybe I need to check the spark plugs.

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the subject of motor mounts, summit racing has them. None of the local places could get them. Cross referenced the number and it came up the same for 94-97 strokes. I ordered a set and should have then in the morning. Ill find out

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Gary wins the guessing derby!

It was the rear U joint and I guess the racket was being made while the rollers popped out. The tinny sound is the driveshaft singing. The truck oddly made no complaints but the noise until the last day. When I shifted into or out of gear, it would make the tinny popping sound. Now I know that was the driveline taking up the slack left by missing rollers in the U joint.

Thanks to everyone for your input!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Mike. That sound is made by the failing u joints echoing thru the hollow drive shaft. Its a sound you will never forget either. I hear it sometimes at stop lites as we all start driving off. You just know someone has no idea whats about to happen to their driveshaft when it falls down in the front. Sadly these drivers will continue till they need a complete shaft replacement.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online