Any interest in a 6.9 block?

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Sorry if this should be in the marketplace, I don't know what a fair price is for what I have so I figured I would ask here...

My house caught fire back in December, it's being cleared out - probably wont be back until July/August maybe later. Anyway I need to clear some stuff out of the way, including a mostly complete 6.9 block.

The block was supposedly a runner, I picked it up with the heads off, but I didn't see any signs of rust or cavitation. Cylinders and engine overall look fine but I'm no expert. I have new victor reinz head gaskets sealed and 6.9 ARP head studs unopened to go with it. The oil pan is off too, I dreamed of redoing the engine but life happened. I have most everything for the block, maybe a few bolts missing but all of the big stuff is there.

Any idea what a fair price is? If anyone around Oregon is interested in it let me know. I don't want to part it out - I have enough on my hands like my two-year-old NAPA group 31 batteries on my truck that are dead now too...

If this thread is in the wrong place then my apologies, hope you all have a good new year.

---
I will try to snag some pictures soon

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check with Typ4; I know he's in Oregon.

I'd always be up for another 6.9(especially with a set of studs!), but I'm way over in Idaho and won't be over in Oregon until I take a trip over that way in August most likely.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d be interested in that. Do you know if it’s a later block? Press in or bolt in piston squirters?
All I need to build a new motor is a good 6.9 block.
Weren’t you in the Salem area? I’m just down in Albany.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure on when the block was cast, don't recall on the squirters but the oil pan is off so we could take a gander. Yes I am in Salem, I am down in Albany a lot these days but my truck batteries are shot so I can't deliver. I do have an engine crane/cherry picker for loading.

You are welcome to come take a look if you want, shoot me a pm with your phone number

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online