Any advice on brake booster install????

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I bought a new brake booster today and want to install it on Saturday.
Is there any adjustments needed to the master cylinder push rod? The paper work with the booster reads that it is already adjusted for my vehicle. I will check and measure myself just to make sure it's in the ball park.
-What about the pedal linkage? Is it pretty straightforward disconnecting it and reconnecting it?
-can the master cylinder be removed without removing the actual brake lines from the master cylinder?
The brand I bought was A1 cardone and it's refurbished. I know it's vatozone **** but I didn't want to mess with shipping.

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have removed the master cylinder and 'hung' it by the brake lines for a while. It does not sit upright as the lines attach to the sides of the master cylinder.

Dave

fsmyth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I bought a new brake booster today and want to install it on Saturday.
Is there any adjustments needed to the master cylinder push rod? The paper work with the booster reads that it is already adjusted for my vehicle. I will check and measure myself just to make sure it's in the ball park.
-What about the pedal linkage? Is it pretty straightforward disconnecting it and reconnecting it?
-can the master cylinder be removed without removing the actual brake lines from the master cylinder?
The brand I bought was A1 cardone and it's refurbished. I know it's vatozone **** but I didn't want to mess with shipping.

If the booster is the same, then it is an easy swap.
Just remove the clip holding the rod to the pedal, and slide the rod off it.
then unbolt the master cylinder and let it hang,
Remove nuts holding the booster on and take it off.
Then reverse the procedure. :)

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy sheet what a huge difference in the stoping performance with the new booster. The new vacuum pump made a big difference and adding the new booster really brought everything back to spec. All this time from reading on here that the factory brakes were just shity to start with I just assumed that's how they were. Now she stops on a dime with ease.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardone is still pretty good stuff. There is much worse out there.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
The one I just put on my psd was a Cardone.
I tried adding oil, but it was already almost full.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk