Another one gets the starter?????

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Ok got to blame Frank for this one. :backoff
Goldie has been turning over slow the last 2 days and was blaming it on the cold and prolly the need for a new voltage regulator. Well swapped that, cleaned the battery terminals and cable contacts at the starter, which didn't look bad and cables are failry new, on my back in the blowing snow today. -cuss -cuss -cuss
Didn't solve a thing. Swapped out the batteries between the 2 rigs as Beef has 1 yr old 1100 CCA's in her. -cuss Still didn't work. Guess it's time to go back on the snow and swap out starters between the 2 trucks. .....THAT will be fun as tomorrow is only supposed to hit 20F for a high and are calling for more blowing snow. -cuss
Any one wanna join in for the fun? cookoo

zx2

Reaction score
Dsl_Dog_Catcher said:
Goldie has been turning over slow the last 2 days and was blaming it on the cold and prolly the need for a new voltage regulator. Well swapped that, cleaned the battery terminals and cable contacts at the starter, which didn't look bad and cables are failry new, on my back in the blowing snow today. -cuss -cuss -cuss
Didn't solve a thing. Swapped out the batteries between the 2 rigs as Beef has 1 yr old 1100 CCA's in her. -cuss Still didn't work. Guess it's time to go back on the snow and swap out starters between the 2 trucks. .....THAT will be fun as tomorrow is only supposed to hit 20F for a high and are calling for more blowing snow. -cuss
Any one wanna join in for the fun? cookoo
No thanks been there doe that for many years in Iowa.

I bought a new started at AutoZone six or seven years ago. got the life time warrenty. I just put in the fourth new on about a month ago. :D I do a batery set and starter about every other year. :rotflmao Best $130 I have ever spent on the truck.

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
Dsl_Dog_Catcher said:
??? what did i do now? is that Freaky Santa thing still haunting me?

Ron, if i weren't a ****, i'd take the high road, but, well, i'm a ****...
so in that vain, i'll just quote you after my frustrating night with the starter just recently:
:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao
Ahh the signs of the frustrated amateur. :rolleyes:
Good to see ya made it thru THAT 5 minute job. :idiot:
oh - and watch that hot oilpan :rolleyes:

on a brighter note, i did get that diode in the mail... i have a starter core sitting here in the box if you need it, but postage may be a bit much :rolleyes:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
soulpatchfr said:
??? what did i do now? is that Freaky Santa thing still haunting me?

oh - and watch that hot oilpan :rolleyes:

Yes it is :D
Oil pan hot it is.....Not if wait you will. :D

1 hour and 2 starters swapped out. ;Sweet

Had to work fast.....Too much snow going down the back working outside. -cuss
Solved the Gold ones starting issues after going christmas shopping this am after the dentist checkup. :eek:
Was starting anda prayin' each time hoping I wasn't gonna have to get a tug to get going. :D

I will post a photo tomorrow as the camera was dead and not a battery to replace it with. :mad:
It appears that the cable going to the starter from the solenoid may be the blame as it is pretty corroded. Not sure how to get it off the starter side as it appears to be a permanent fixture. :confused:
All was good as I hit the key and Nick said "DAD.... give it some smoke" :D :D :D

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao
Yeah! Glad I got my range wired in ok.....Just had to plug it in. :D
Sorry Mike. :rolleyes: .........BZZZZZZZZZZAP!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.