And now the fun starts.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have the Victim truck torn down to a bare frame and axles. Tine to start drilling out rivets. On teh rear fo the truck the only difference appears to be brake lines adn lift blocks and the longer sway bar mounts. I dont see any reason to take the mounts off the frame or anythign else since my truck is the same . Is there anything I am missing? For the front I have my template for cutting adn drilling my front hangers, The template for the rear hangers, My shock towers and the frame support on the passenger side. Anything I am missing there? I am trying to have teh frame gone this weekend so i wont have to work around it anymore. Its big adn in the way.

Thanks.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
the front is easy. knock out the rivots for the core support mount. now bolt up the shackle hanger using them 3 holes and drill out the rest using it as a template.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got that bro, just wanted to make sure I took everything off the donor frame before I hauled it to the scrap yard. I can set up the rear hangers for the front springs using a template as well. Cant think of anything from the rear after I remove the springs with the axle attached to it.

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
If you've got the room i'd keep the frame around until you're completely done with the swap. No telling what you might need later because you threw it away...:D

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Dont forget your track bar and mount. Also the pitman arm from the 4wd. I would keep the frame around for measuring purposes. even if you cut it up into sections

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

AS IT SETS TODAY. TIME TO START DRILLING OUT RIVETS TONIGHT.

85_IDI_4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if i missed it, but what exactly are you doing? Converting to 4wd and swapping the body?

And where were you like a month ago when i was trying to find a side shot of a bare frame lol guess ill steall the picture now lol

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one but its made bye Blue Point. Works pretty dang good. I rebulit a lot of semi trailers with that thing.
you got the long body one too?
these units got some ballz;Sweet
i had a MAC version to this for 15 years and it finally gave up its ghost.
I put down the $$$ for this one and have wondered why didn't I do this sooner. i can knock off the rivet heads like if they were marshmallows with the flat chisel and push out the remainder with the point.;Sweet yeeee haaa;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
I am with the others. keep your donor frame around until you have your truck all together and rolling down the road. ya never know what you may need.

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
Mine is not the long body but its the heavy duty verzion and it eats rivets and most other stuff for breakfast. Ive rebulit prolly 25 trailers with this thing and have had no problems.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the wheels off and cleaned up. Started drilling rivets. Not as bad as you would think. A cutting torch would make fast work of it tho.

I am stealing the 4x4 running gear off this truck for my 2wd.