Amazing

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Its absolutly amazing.....it seems like someone is trying to throw a little get together here in Oregon in September.......everyone is welcome......follow the link in my sig :D

Oh and its amazing how well my truck runs on basically 6 cylinders....a little choppy down low in rpm's....but around 2000 rpms its nice and smooth.

Am I good or what ;Sweet :D

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Why is it running on 6? That doesnt sound good. That'd kill a DMF in days.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Cause when I put G code injectors in I cross threaded 2 of the injectors....so they are leaking pretty good (not from the plastic fuel return thing though). Hopefully I will fix it Sunday.

oregon-mike

Reaction score
Putting the link in your sig & posting here was good advice :thumbsup:

I posted a definite maybe cookoo for the GTG in the proper thread.

Mike

sassyrel

Reaction score
Cause when I put G code injectors in I cross threaded 2 of the injectors....so they are leaking pretty good (not from the plastic fuel return thing though). Hopefully I will fix it Sunday.
and HOW might we ask--did you do that????????????????

FordGuy100

Reaction score
and HOW might we ask--did you do that????????????????

I decided last Sunday that I was going to just put in G code injectors to see if they were really any better. So I take out the old injectors, and put in the G codes. I bend the fuel lines and 6 of them went on with no problem. But the last 2 gave me a fit. I tried it, could tell it was cross threaded, then backed off and tweaked the line a little and tested again, still cross threaded. After a couple of times, it was starting to become real hard to get the fuel lines to even start to go onto the injectors cause they were being cross threaded. I had to go to work the next day.......and it was basically the decision I came to was to tighten down the suckers as best as I could so it couldnt leak......well it leaks alright. Thats the short story.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll try and get you those new lines sent out monday if I can. I still think if you put 2 good injectors in you won't need new lines but I'll send you #3,5,7. You could just get two more G injectors for now. Take care,

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I'll try and get you those new lines sent out monday if I can. I still think if you put 2 good injectors in you won't need new lines but I'll send you #3,5,7. You could just get two more G injectors for now. Take care,

Thanks ;Sweet. Yeah I'm kinda debating right now as to what I should do....new injectors.....rebuild my BB codes......get some more G codes.....lots of things I could do.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks ;Sweet. Yeah I'm kinda debating right now as to what I should do....new injectors.....rebuild my BB codes......get some more G codes.....lots of things I could do.
considering blk99 advertised the injectors with the fact they have 150k on them if not more, I'd pop test them first. You got Russ nearby, so my first inclination is to have him send yours in for rebuild and pattern first before playing aroung with the G code injectors any further.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah those may not be any better than your old BBs. IDK if its worth having them rebuilt since some places like Pensacola Diesel sell reman G codes for $19/each. I'd imagine it would be at least that much in parts and labor to rebuild, unless you want to get real bold...you could throw your BBs back in temporarily, then get the new springs and nozzles and if you ruin those G codes so what? You're not out very much cash, and if they pop test good, run 'em you just learned something not many people here do and saved yourself around $100.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online