Alternators

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
If anyone needs an alternator rebuild Pm me or send a messege or something i am now rebuild alternators i can rebuild them stock or i can "juice" them up and make a high output usualy over 200 amps can be achieved, i prefer to rebuild the ford 3g 4g and 6g but i will rebuild almost any alternator

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anyone needs an alternator rebuild Pm me or send a messege or something i am now rebuild alternators i can rebuild them stock or i can "juice" them up and make a high output usualy over 200 amps can be achieved, i prefer to rebuild the ford 3g 4g and 6g but i will rebuild almost any alternator
How bout maxing a 1G for use as a welder? I already have a compitent 3G....250amp compitent....:D

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Should be, best way to check is to look for an external regulator. If u have one then its a 1G, if not then count the holes on the alternator case. Two row of holes is a small case 95A 3G, three rows of holes is a large case 130A 3G.

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you change for the higher amperage? Just the diodes? Is the field winding capable of handling that much current?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score

you need to clean out yer pm box or all yer future business is going to wander away on ya

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Might wanna offer a general price for the rebuilds, i know i was quoted $100 for a full rebuild with 200A upgrade on my 3G at a local shop.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Might wanna offer a general price for the rebuilds, i know i was quoted $100 for a full rebuild with 200A upgrade on my 3G at a local shop.

for that kind of money you sure as heck werent going to get a full rebuild /200a upgrade, at most he was going to throw a bare minimum of replacement parts at the thing

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
Local guy here does rebuilds for 40, I don't know what reclocking an alternator intels, so idk what the labor would be, but I would guess it to be around 100 here too.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as I know you need to make changes to stator by rewinding it with MORE loops and thus able to make more current! There may be other parts dealt with but I just replaced a stator in a chev alt years ago and got a huge increase in current output.

JM2CW

as for my 1G welder idea, I will play with one I have first and see what it does....don't expect much, just run second ALT with no voltage reg and drive up RPM...then you get yer welder, so I read on the net... LOL I'd be willing to cook an alt just to test that theory!

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone upping there Alt current, has got to change the wire size to 0 AWG to get the maximum output from a 250 amp Alternator. Something like this *******.

Or you could mount one of these on a trailer and get some real power.:eek: :rolleyes:

Attachments

• powerbastards.jpg
    powerbastards.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 13
  • grnerator.jpg
    grnerator.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 100

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone upping there Alt current, has got to change the wire size to 0 AWG to get the maximum output from a 250 amp Alternator. Something like this *******.

Or you could mount one of these on a trailer and get some real power.:eek: :rolleyes:

Ya that's about what I have! With my 250 amp alt, I run a 200 Amp fuse...better to protect it than loose it! I'm currently only using 4Ga though at this time IIRC, I wanted to wait until I got the setup into the diesel Bronco and do my final custom wiring then! Things in different locations change wire length etc...thus just us some 4ga to get it by...Now I can work on better setup!

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Sorry been away for awhile been very busy,

There is no way somewere can rebuild you a alternator at 200 amps for only a hundred dollars the parts alone cost more than that, so they may be using cheap knock off junk parts i only use good parts

Prices i have been trying to figure out and for now i have come to a flate rate price for the high output alternator

if i reuse your old rotor AS LONG AS ITS GOOD! then your price will be 230 dollars and that includes return shipping

If you need or want a new rotor( and its reckomended) then 300 dollars and that also includes the cost of return shipping to anyway in the lower 48

Canada and other members outside of the lower 48 we will have to figure you a price for shipping

Stock rebuilds ARE MUCH CHEAPER! but are only 130 amp if someone wants that price pm me

The reason the upgrade cost so much is the stator rectifier and regulator all has to be replaced with much heavy parts and there costly, all upgrades also get new bearings installed

+