alternate turbo feed line ports?

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have my turbo being fed off the back of the block..Pretty sure the crushed the brass 1/8 to 1/4 adapter.. im just finding out there is a port by the oil filter on the block I can use to feed the turbo?! If so I am deleting that rear feed right meow. Man should thought of this when my trans was out...nasty friggin location to get into over there..

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes sir, you will find a 1/8" NPT plug in the port.
lets just hope your custom up pipes arnt in the way. near the bottom inbetween the clutch slave and the exhaust manifold.
typ4 sells the -4 AN braided line.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
All the oil ports on any non turbo idi block are 1/8 inch. All turbo blocks have the 1/4 inch oil ports. Every Banks turbo pulls their oil from the bell housing port on the lower drivers side. This can be a ruff plug to remove too. Oh lucky day because we have 2 more oil ports on the drivers side of the block. They are in a horrible place too behind the oil cooler bundle. Do not confuse these with the coolant drain that is the 1/4 inch port either. Years ago we had a real pistol of a member "doing thing his way". He buggered the bellhousing plug and gave up on it. Decided to use one of the large ports on the rear oil cooler header...:eek:cookoo:dunno;Really I tried to explain it was dirty oil he was planning on feeding the turbo. BTW it was a nice new Banks wastegated sidewinder turbo too. He drove it that way from Vegas to the east coast. This forum was able to track him across the country by the gps he supplied us. We even knew when he was resting. Well on the return trip near Kingman he lost boost and asked for help......;Really:rotflmao:moon::cheers::cry::flipa:popcorn
Yeah... We all jumped to help.... NOT
Arrogance comes out in many ways. Best I can recall we never heard from him again....

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's right here. It's very tight.

You must be registered for see images attach

I had to clean some casting flash off to get things threaded together.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweeet, thanks for all the info.
Going to take a look tonight see how it is with my pipe routing. Still looks better than the rear block deal I am using..But first...Im going to wipe it all clean back there, spin it for 20 sec or so to get oil pressure verywhere, and take a video of the area to see if it is actually leaking. no leaky, no touchy.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
No need to fix whats not broken. I agree with the rear oil port being horrible to reach. Even with no turbo its still a ****** to see and work on.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice big puddle under truck whole running. finally wedged me phone back in there, no way i coudl see stickingmy head there, yup, its jsut dribbling out past one of the lower fittings. Got a 3' line made up at work to go from the side of the block, and tonight will pull the downpipe and plug that rear port

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sometimes looking thru the gap between the hood and cowl valance you can see this horrible area. then trying to reach it looking thru the crack is impossible.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, is there yet another alternate location other than the one by the clutch slave? That plug is in there so tight and that tiny square head got rounded off pretty easily. I can attempt to drill it out...or somewhere else i could pick up oil pressure?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Either by the oil cooler or the oil pressure sending unit location like the factory turbos use.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine had a hex plug in that port. Are you sure it's stripped? What did you use to try to take it out?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the only other one I know of other then the one on top.

You must be registered for see images attach

It's between the oil filter and motor mount behind the oil cooler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online