Alright folks, he's road ready!! PICS PICS PICS

ryanecvbrown

Credo Quia Absurdum
Reaction score
Say hi to Merle everyone. My wife thought it was fitting for a haggard old truck. 37 man hours in three days to swap everything from Frank The Tank over to Merle and clean up the hacked EVERYTHING from the previous owner. Vehicle details in sig. It's rough but worth it to me. Diggin the front end over my '87 too. More pics to come as things progress.
You must be registered for see images attach

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hi Merle! treat your owner good wont ya! :D good luck with her Ryan.;Sweet
whats to become of Frank? he is done for? looks like fun (but hard work) times.

ryanecvbrown

Credo Quia Absurdum
Reaction score
hi Merle! treat your owner good wont ya! :D good luck with her Ryan.;Sweet
whats to become of Frank? he is done for? looks like fun (but hard work) times.

Frank's getting parted out, what remains will most likely retire to my buddy's truck mausoleum. I'll post parts in the For Sale section unless someone wants to return him to service.

ryanecvbrown

Credo Quia Absurdum
Reaction score
Is that lift blocks on the front end?

Not blocks, it's a kit sold by Superlift. It was purchased and installed by the previous owner. 2 new main leaves, 4 smaller leaves tapering down towards the axle with the longest being around 11". I've never seen such a thing but they're centerpinned to the leaf packs. That's what ya get for a free truck that someone lost interest in. Kit came complete with drop brackets and all. I love the ride quality but not sure how they're gonna hold up. They're DOT approved.... I'll eventually replace them with a Deaver pack or something of that caliber for ride quality.

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha, I think they call them mini packs or something. Might not be too bad really, especially if the ride is good.

ryanecvbrown

Credo Quia Absurdum
Reaction score
The ride is 100% better than my old truck, especially with ProComp shocks on all four corners. The Goodyear Military MT's gotta go though. They won't keep a balance for anything and I can barely hold 50mph without the truck feeling like its gonna bounce off the road. I'm trading them for some BFG AT's on Thursday, mounted to some 16x9 aluminum mock-locks.

ryanecvbrown

Credo Quia Absurdum
Reaction score
Made some more progress over the last week, cleaned up the chrome, RhinoLiner for an exterior covering and started sourcing interior parts in Saddle Tan!! That blue doesn't suit my tastes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online