agravating no start

DowneyB

Professional
Reaction score
So I have been trying to figure out why my truck won't start. Small recap: I replaced half of the return lines, it fired right up then died, and since then I have not been able to get fuel out of the injector lines. There is fuel and pressure at the filter head, and also in the tank.

I took the injection pump cover off today to check and make sure it was all working under there, and as far as I can tell, the FSS moves back and forth, the interior of the pump spins with the engine etc. etc. One thing that did seem odd however was there was a bunch of what looked like metal filings magnetically stuck to the FSS as well as a couple of flakes of metal.

That is as the situation stands, and I would appreciate any help as to why it won't start.

Brock

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have junk of any kind, paint chips, metal shavings, etc. in your pump, your pretty much done. New IP time. Was the pump full of fuel?

DowneyB

Professional
Reaction score
Thats kinda what I was afraid of. I do have a replacement, I'll see if it works before I think about shelling out a lot of money for a new one.

It was full of fuel.