aftermarket headlights for a bricknose?? help with paint colors!

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
well this is on a budget so the cam, headers, and roller rockers will wait. hopefully come spring im gonna tear it apart and do a full build. im waiting on the original aod to go out LOL. i gotta spare just dont wanna use it just yet. found a 4 speed yesterday for $150 but dont have the pedal assembly or anything.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well this is on a budget so the cam, headers, and roller rockers will wait. hopefully come spring im gonna tear it apart and do a full build. im waiting on the original aod to go out LOL. i gotta spare just dont wanna use it just yet. found a 4 speed yesterday for $150 but dont have the pedal assembly or anything.

Ya i got ya on the budget, i had the stuff laying around from other projects. As for the tranny, look around 2wd small block 5spd's are everywhere.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
everywhere but here haha. been keeping an eye out at the local yards for one with pedal assembly and all. would rather use the 4 speed but not sure how everything would work together. i guess a 5 speed with 4:10 gears would be fun :D

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
everywhere but here haha. been keeping an eye out at the local yards for one with pedal assembly and all. would rather use the 4 speed but not sure how everything would work together. i guess a 5 speed with 4:10 gears would be fun :D

5spd and 4:10's equal's a ton of fun:D, I should have a spare pedal setup up at the farm in my one bronco. I'd have to look, i may have already sold it..

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
that would be awesome if you did! needs to be a manual one tho. what all kind of neat parts you got on it?

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya it was a 5spd 89 bronco, i'd have to check not sure if it is still there or not. It was a sweet machine, but i tore it apart and never finished it. Rite now it is just a stripped roller with a 6" lift under it and stuffed full of parts..

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
well i need the 5 speed, front ttb, the lift, possibly the whole bronco LOL. you need to be closer! haha

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i need the 5 speed, front ttb, the lift, possibly the whole bronco LOL. you need to be closer! haha

Doing the 4wd convertion, wish you were closer i could get you every part including the tranny. Oh well, hopfully you can find the stuff down there.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
i have a d44 front 9" rear 4 speed with t-case i can throw in it. only thing stopping me is how to make the linkage clutch work the 78 pedal assembly or with a bricknose pedal assembly.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
The fuel injection is far more efficient and trouble free than you think it is....However, if I was going to go carbed.....I'd throw a 500CFM 2bbl on it and call it a day. More is not always better and a 500 has a way of making a slow engine SCREAM. My 89 Bronco had a 4 speed in it...was very nice when it came to wheeling but I would have preferred an OD gear. You want a slick ride? Find a smallblock ZF.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
im gonna at least give the efi a try once i start dd it. i dont have nothing against a 2bbl, i had one on a 351m and it would flat out **** n git. hit 8k a few times on a stock engine LOL

david_lee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you do end up going to a carb setup, a 4 bbl with small primaries will get you better fuel economy than a 2 bbl. a 600 to 650 cfm should be all you need to deliver enough fuel to a 302. if you were to buy the parts new, i'm seeing an overall cost of $420 for all the necessary parts when sourced from different sites on the internet. that cost can be reduced considerably if you keep an eye on craigslist.

and i would go with an orange, black and silver harley davidson paint scheme. i'd paint the whole truck black, put the orange down the center of the truck following the raised portion of the hood so that it covers the roof and continues to the tail gate and also put the orange on the sides(where your truck is currently silver), then put a 3/8" wide silver pin-stipe where the orange and black meet. i might even consider leaving a 3" to 6" wide black strip down the center of the hood, roof, and tail gate with the silver pin-striping lining it so that the orange becomes racing stripes. but if i were to do this, i'd also convert all the interior to black.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I dont understand the reasoning behind going to carb? Those EFI set ups are pretty basic and work well. Unlike the 60s mechanical Fuel injection

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
I dont understand the reasoning behind going to carb? Those EFI set ups are pretty basic and work well. Unlike the 60s mechanical Fuel injection

I agree with ya Brad. Alot of people deem EFI as intimidating but it's not really too difficult. In the long run you're engine will gain better performance, better reliability and smoother operation.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
He aint gunna keep this truck anyway so what does it matter. And i highly doubt a stock 2bbl anything will hit 8k without serious damage, let alone a 351m.