Aftermarket cruise?

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My new(to me) '93 crew has no cruise. Rather than trying to find all the required parts and figure out how to connect it to tach,brakes,tranny etc, I thought maybe someone knows of an aftermarket one that might bolt into our trucks and work.

Anyone done this mod?

Zigg :)

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look up Rostra cruise control. They are used in motorhomes, big trucks etc. I have one in the International rollback.

I have a completely electronic unit since Internationals don't use a vacuum pump (hydroboost brakes). The vacuum actuated units are a little cheaper.

akoldnav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am resurecting an old post because I just came across my old aftermarket cruise control box(I used it to store something else in). It uses a magnet on the drive line for models not equiped with a VSS (whatever that is). Now the real info.

It is an Audiovox model CCS-100. I bought this several years ago from Schucks Auto Parts, if I remember correctly. You might still be able to get one.

Hope this helps

Akoldnav

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I am resurecting an old post because I just came across my old aftermarket cruise control box(I used it to store something else in). It uses a magnet on the drive line for models not equiped with a VSS (whatever that is). Now the real info.

It is an Audiovox model CCS-100. I bought this several years ago from Schucks Auto Parts, if I remember correctly. You might still be able to get one.

Hope this helps

Akoldnav

how does it work, i am also interested in this........

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hope this helps

Akoldnav

You can get em from JC whitney... I was actually thinking of getting one but havent taken the plunge yet. If you decide to do it, let us know how it works.