Actuator Rod Replacement

ChikhaiBardo

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I’m in a predicament here on my ‘89 F250 (7.3IDI) and could use some help from the forum folk. So I am up to this point (pictures attached) but I need to know the best way to get the remaining section of the actuator rod out? Has anyone had luck with drilling the center and pulling it out with an EZ-Out? I know mine broke a bit further back than most peoples do. Any help would be appreciated if it saves me from dismantling everything. And before anyone mentions a modified way to accomplish this, I would like for the truck to remain stock. Thanks!

You must be registered for see images attach

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. Sometimes the faster, less frustrating way of doing a job, is to just commit, then disassemble all of it to get to your problem.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I’d just tear it down all the way, dry, gummy parts cause most of the issues with these anyway.

Yep, I had to tear mine down in my 87 F250. I cut off the end of the new one that keeps that piece from pulling right out, so I can change it much easier if there is a "next time". Just hacksaw or dremel cut off where the red line is.

In another thread someone was talking about removing tilt steering pins, which I guess you have to do to get it in without hacking it like I did.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
A good tutorial

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member