Ac question

performancelaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to figure out why my air is blowing hot at idle but cold when its going down the road. 1800 rpms and up its fine. Any thoughts ?

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
Those symptoms are commonly an airflow problem, such as a dirty condenser or a fan clutch that isn't working. Basically once you're at speed, the ram air is providing the airflow.

Question, can you rev it to 1800-2000 rpms while stopped and make it get cold, or do you have to be moving..?

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
You should definately be able to HEAR the fan on when accelerating from Idle. I know I can hear mine

ford390gashog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you check the high and low side pressure? The symptoms you describe are close to what happens when an empty system is recharged without pulling a proper vacuum.

performancelaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I haven't done that. Maybe I need to take it to someone who know ac systems and see what they come up with ......

DragRag

Reaction score
I do a/c all the time, sounds to me like your condenser is dirty, wash it out well. It is a a fact that your a/c will not work as good at idle as it will when you are moving. Physics, and boils law come into play here.