A Story

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
ummmm,Hate to tell ya this but you should have asked us first......I know a place you can get a Long block for under 3K.Per the vendor all 8 holes sleeved,mahl pistons,Clevite friction parts.......and free shipping to you and free shipping of core back.BUT,this place doesn't include tins,intake,fuel system,brackets,etc.Just a Block,internals,and heads.Also,EZ will chime in about his Dealings with Jasper in a few.....

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well at least he will find Jasper reps wherever he may be. As long as they stand behind their warranty (which EZ has taught us is not always the case), that may be worth something.

7.3IH_Eggrole

Corn Shucker
Reaction score
ummmm,Hate to tell ya this but you should have asked us first......I know a place you can get a Long block for under 3K.Per the vendor all 8 holes sleeved,mahl pistons,Clevite friction parts.......and free shipping to you and free shipping of core back.BUT,this place doesn't include tins,intake,fuel system,brackets,etc.Just a Block,internals,and heads.Also,EZ will chime in about his Dealings with Jasper in a few.....

well i posted the original tread about 3 months ago, and I was opened to suggestions, anyone could've said anything they wanted to. It would've been nice to have known that. But anyway. So far Jasper has been very cooperative with me. I made my first oil change and there were metal shavings (I assumed due to breakin), I called jasper and they loged it in for my engine and gave me a case number and to call if the problem persists, and well it hasn't. as far as them honoring anything warranty wise I cant say, Idk what itll be like in 30,000 miles. But no major problems as of 250mi oil change, 750mi oil change, 1750mi oil change, or 3000mi oil change. But who knows.

7.3IH_Eggrole

Corn Shucker
Reaction score
good god you have alot of miles on all your trucks....holy #$%^ just read your sig for first time. a 1994 with 480K ?!?!? wow.

yessir, they're tough engines. The one we just replaced was the only one ive ever been apart of that wasnt tough as nails, but i partly blame the previous owner. but they've all been solid trucks, and some of them have been abused. I really like the 6.9's and any variation of the 7.3. They may not have as much power or torque as todays engines, but they're a real workhorse in my mind.

Ed

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, blame the previous owner...they should have kept up the SCAs, but obviously did not. OTOH, Ford decided not to publish that info from IH until the early 90s when it was already too late for a lot of motors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online