A rant/***** against a company.

Death85e

Death85e
Reaction score
So i need a master cylinder rebuild kit for my truck...the wife gets on the phone calls around to several autoparts stores in our area and comes up with one for $ 33.00 at the Checker in Grand Junction colo.:D

Hey great they are the lowest price but the have to order it will be in in 24 hours....Cool she says to order it and we will pick it up tomorrow..;Sweet.( this is where they puke on themselves ) :puke: they say they cannot order it till she comes in to pay for it...:dunno ok problem!

We live 110 miles away so she asks can she just pay for it over the phone with her credit card? No you have to come in to the store. What? You mean i have to drive 220 miles round trip to get you guys to order this part? Why?:dunno Well lady our corporate offices will not allow us to take credit cards over the phone! Ummm...your kidding me right? No lady thats the way it is! Fine i will take my business elswhere thank you.-cuss

So she calls Autozone autozone says they cannot get the rebuild kits...Damn! Then the guy says but we do carry the actual master cylinder for $ 46.00 and we do keep them in stock if that helps? Well hell yes that helps! the whole thing for $ 13.00 dollars more than just a rebuild kit!;Sweet

Ok i'm done ranting....just had to get this off my chest.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Move closer to town.:rotflmao:rotflmao

Just kidding. I do a lot of business with Azone. Found they are very helpfull, at least around here. Of course you can get some jerks that are just hired and don't know the ropes, but the store manager on that watch should be training him/her.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I have the same issue with my favorite store Napa auto parts, it isn't 110 miles, but it is a 45 minute drive each way, a real PITA to do twice, and one day the only car I had was undrivable, glad they were able to get it and skip regular policy...I've done plenty of business with rockauto.com and thepartsbin.com, stuff ust shows up at the front gate in a couple days :thumbsup:

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been doing more purchases online.

Kind of hard to break old habits and be patient, but it sure is cool when it shows up at the front door and it's almost always cheaper then an AP store.

Returns are a drawback but I've been lucky so far, knock on wood, but I think over say 100 purchases it will be an overall better deal.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Its amazing that even in tough economic times businesses will not cut you any slack. I really like the Napa here in town. We have the big four (Autozone, carquest, napa, advance) all within walking distance of each other but I find myself going to Napa almost exclusively. For example I was putting in a new squirrel cage in my air system and noticed the shaft was bent. I may have bent it trying to get it in there or it may have come like that I couldnt tell you. The guy at napa asked what was wrong and I explained how I had to force it a little and he exchanged it saying that because he doesnt know what happened and I was honest he'll give me the benefit of doubt.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is NAPA's policy. My store will do it for me if I get the right guy, it's a full moon, it's noon on tuesday, and there is a El Nino in progress. :rolleyes:

If I were in your position, I would just buy on-line from Rock Auto and let the UPS man make me happy.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So i need a master cylinder rebuild kit for my truck...the wife gets on the phone calls around to several autoparts stores in our area and comes up with one for $ 33.00 at the Checker in Grand Junction colo.:D
at the $35 mark, I can get a new master cylinder(cast iron body type) for our pickups.:eek:

sootman73

Reaction score
yea Azone will take my cc info over the phone as well as oreilly just because i have a high rate of repeat business at autozone and have friends at oreilly's. gotta make friends with the people and make sure to not make enemies. they might surprise you when you get in a jam and need a vehicle.....;Sweet

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cant be mad at them for no credit cards over phone its a big scam out there for credit card fraud (i work at a parts place) and the other biggie is touch to talk
but they should have ordered it in the commertial side of things can do that next ask to talk to a manager and see if hell do it for you
i do that a lot for my regular customers i know will be in to pick it up

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must be LUCKY!!...I can call my napa and order just about anything...it helps to have a buddy with an account!!:sly

I have ordered stuff from advanced and autozone without much trouble...I've called and given the number over the phone to both...and also ordered online and had shipped to the store..

I like the newbie counter monkey that gives me 2 upper balljoints and I dont find out till im home..no other car...and its in pieces....bout killed that kid...:backoff LOL

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
There are actually different rates the CC companies charge vendors, vendors pay more if they do over the phone service and don't get to hold the card in their hands, less it they swipe it.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
Thats weird, I work at schucks (CSK Checker/Schucks/Kragen) and I know we have done that for people before. I dont think we can do it if you are ordering aftermarket(energy suspension, edelbrock, comp, etc.) but for a brand name we carry in the store it's no big deal. I see parts on the hold shelf all the time with signs that say "not paid for".

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it is inconvenient for the consumer; but, look at it from my side of the counter.

If I had a dollar for every call-in customer that had me order something and them no-show to pick it up, I could retire in luxury.

The same goes for people that call and ask do I have ***; yes I do: please lay *** aside for me and I will be there tomorrow; not one in ten shows tomorrow.

Unless I know the caller personally, and they have exhibited good business ethic, it is pay up front, in cash, and non-refundable.

Competition is such that profit mark-up is too slim to be paying re-stocking fees to warehouses to take back special-order stuff.

As for the credit-cards, may as well get ready for them to go the way of the dinosaur, at least so far as small amount purchases that have too little mark-up already.

It used to cost the business about 6% to accept a card, plus a monthly fee to subscribe to the service that scans them over the phone-lines.

That cost has already doubled and will soon go even higher.

Just take note of the big flashing fuel-price signs at the truck-stops and note the twelve- to fifteen-cent difference in fuel prices, whether cash or card.

That same policy is coming to retailers near you. :eek:

SORTIE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how did this country ever let credit cards become such a huge industry?

the banks screw the borrowers and the processors screw the merchants! :backoff

they're making it on both ends -cuss

if I could pay off my card debt I would never take another:mad:

debit cards have never taken off because banks don't make any money on 'em

(the processors still do)

CASH IS KING (too bad I ain't got any)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker