A new arrival at the Hoss home.....

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
No No No - Not what your thinking! A new IDI baby arrived at our home on Saturday - November 22,2008. In the evening.... I picked her up thru Caigslist from Cabela's in Dundee, MI. All went smooth. It was an easy delivery. With no complications. Natural delivery. No drugs and very little pain was involved....

She was delivered at approimately 10:15am @ Cabela's....
Approx. 8,000#lbs., Approx. 17' ft. long.

Haven't picked out a name as of yet!

1993 Ford F350 Super Cab Long Bed 4x4 7.3NA IDI 5 spd. 167,000 on the clock

In really NICE shape for an amazingly "LOW" price..... It was way too good of a deal to pass up....

Here's her first picture at home....

She sleeps all nite - So Far.... And is a very well tempered baby....

Love's to go for ride's.... Really comfortable with the family.....

Attachments

• 1993 Ford F350.jpg
    1993 Ford F350.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 59

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
sweet truck. i have neber seen a supercab OBS F350 before. i assume it has a D60 solid front axle?

when i was shopping a few years ago i could not find a single SC 350. i figured they didn't exist. all i found were RC and CC.

zpd307

Reaction score
i had a 87 supercab f150. ick, never again. the extra storage compared to regular cab is nice. but it is a pain to get to anything back after it is there. when they made the flip out doors, things got better. but, i am a crewcab guy. actually my 3 little boys dictate that!

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
OBS Super Cab F350.....

Oh Yeah! It's a D60.....

With 3.55's........

Last edited:

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
The New Arrival....

Bombing It? I am figuring on adding a whistle spinner "SOON"!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Nice Truck Hoss, Congrats!

Ford never made a Super Cab F-350, Someone probablly put the F350 suspension and Dand 60 front on the F250, and maybee changed the badges. Does it have 2" blocks in the rear, or 4" blocks? It is kina hard to tell from the pic but It looks like the 4"

If you get a chance, PM me the VIN. I would like to run it through my website and see if it comes up as a 250 or 350.

Nice Truck!

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
Insurance Company ran the VIN and it apparently comes up as an F350...????

Has the factory rear overloads and my F250HD PSD doesn't and it has 4" blocks....

All the suspension is identical to Glen's '97 F350 CC SRW PSD 4x4....

If it isn't - I don't want to know.... I guess I wasn't smart enough to catch that then. I bought it as an F350 and I want to keep it that way in my mind. I can't believe that the insurance company wouldn't have caught it by now. I don't know - they run the VIN right away and told me that my '87 Chevy V20 HD 3/4ton could not be insured as a 1 ton. When it is the same GVW... I had to fight them on that and won though.... When I told them it was an F350. They asked me if it was a regular cab, a super cab, or a crew cab....

I think that I am gonna have to live under a rock then and believe that is an F350....

I thought that I finally had a 1 ton.... I am disappointed and haven't even had it hardly two days yet.... Oh Well.... In my mind it will live as an F350....

That's kinda like being told - Oh - You have a SON -------------- Long Pause --------- Sorry - My Bad ---------------- It's a girl ----------

Last edited:

IDIeselman

Reaction score
I feel your pain Hoss, If it becomes too much to bear just let me know. I'll come and move it so far north you will never have to see it again:angel:

Congrats on the new ride:thumbsup:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I should redo my statement, They didn't make a 4x4 extended cab F350,..They did make a 2wd extended cab F350 Dually.

The only thing that makes it an F350 is 4" blocks, maybee an extra spring, and the Dana 60. So just keep it in your mind that it is an F350!, A very rare one!

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
OK Darrin - I'll try and do that.... I have a rare find.... It should be on the endangered list.... There is only one in the world... It must be a ****** too... LOL... I really wish I would have kept it quiet now though.... I really thought that I had the truck I wanted too... Darn It....

It is a figment of my i-mag-i-nation.... Uh Oh - Now I am seeing things.... And apparently I was had too....

Hey - Question...????

If I bought it "AS-IS".... Does that mean - It "IS" an F350....?????????

Things that make ya go Hmmmmmmm......?????

I am not going to tell a soul that I was had.... I guess we'll try and keep it a secret here at the OB and hope noone reads this.... I do hope that none of my friends had the knowledge about the history of these trucks that you do Darrin or access to find it out here.... I will just try to slide it by them as if nothing was ever known of my being had. I don't think that my wife would be too happy about the false advertisement thing though....

I am like Sgt. Shultz - I KNOW NOTHING..... I SEE NOTHING.... I HEAR NOTHING.... LOL....

Last edited:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hoss-
i don't know why you're beating yourself up about the designation issues. in reality there's very minor differences between the two. first the frames are the same. second, with the addition of larger blocks to compensate for the D60 front, the rear is the same as if you ordered a f250 with a towing package. third the meat and potatoes is the d50 vs. the d60 front. that's where you get the kick to a f350. I'm looking in my chassis builder's guide for '93 trucks and there is a ability to option for a SC SRW F350 4x4. your insurance sure as heck won't pass up a opportunity to ding you extra for the heavier weight class, and you did it entirely by just giving them the VIN.
there's no doubt about it, you have a special order truck. go enjoy the damn thing;Sweet

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I kinda know how you feel... but somewhat the opposite. I have an F350, but no Dana 60. I thought at first maybe someone had stuck F350 tags on the fenders, but the VIN comes back as a F350 (I don't think Ford made a CC F250 in the early 80's either). It's a one ton, but has the joke of a front axle. You got a hell of a deal! I have to spend about $1,500 to make it so that somebody does look under the front and go "It's not a one ton... One tons have a straight axle."

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kinda know how you feel... but somewhat the opposite. I have an F350, but no Dana 60. I thought at first maybe someone had stuck F350 tags on the fenders, but the VIN comes back as a F350 (I don't think Ford made a CC F250 in the early 80's either). It's a one ton, but has the joke of a front axle. You got a hell of a deal! I have to spend about $1,500 to make it so that somebody does look under the front and go "It's not a one ton... One tons have a straight axle."
kevin-
'85 was the last year ford kept with the d50 front on the f350.
'86 they went back to the d60.