A hypothetical power steering Q

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
That sounds about right! lol I ripped a cooler off my old 4x4 blazer doing the same thing, except with a log in the woods...not fun! You can fix the leaky line with some rubber hose and hose clamps...apparently. That's how the guy who I bought my truck from fixed it lol

WrickM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it has to be leaking somewhere, but i swear it's not coming from that dent. it's not staying in the pump. that's for sure. at least it's slow enough that i can just keep adding. . . for now.

WrickM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's the thing i just busted my power washer. i need to get under there and clean the whole thing. road grime and oil. once that's done i'll have a better chance of identifying where the leak is

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are only a few places the PS system can hypothetically leak. High pressure hose, low pressure return hose, seals in pump, O ring on high pressure hose or the steering box seal which is where the shaft from the steering box connects to the rag joint on the steering column. Your best bet is to not let it go to long because the pump will go out and then when your driving the truck will naturally weave. This will then cause the guy that's driving behind you to call the police and report you as a drunken driver. Then you get pulled over for hypothetically driving drunk but you are not drunk but the cop is not convinced, needs some brownie points for his chief, hauls you in for a breathalyzer test, test shows no alcohol but then writes you a ticket for careless driving so he can still get the brownie points from his chief.

This is all hypothetically speaking of course. :D

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
that's the thing i just busted my power washer. i need to get under there and clean the whole thing. road grime and oil. once that's done i'll have a better chance of identifying where the leak is

A couple cans of brake clean, a putty knife and a few rags will do a good enough job depending on your patients lol. The UV dye is a great idea though!;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradz

Members online