A/c stuck on deforst

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem. Vacuum leak somewhere in the system and the diverter door under the kickpanel of the passenger seat isn't directing flow to the panel vents. My problem was that the vacuum reservoir line wasn't maintaining vacuum.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No to diagram...

Yes it is a leak some place or weak pump.

Defaults to defrozt for safety reasons....

Good luck.

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you manually push the diverter valve to get air to the panel vents with the ac on high, does it stay that way? The diverter is the one with the blue line connected to it. Let me see if I still have my diagrams

toby2tongues

Reaction score
thanks riot, I did make an adjustment to my VRV and the very next time that I took it out was when I noticed the AC selector sh*t the bed....Mr. Vacuum gauge, cancel your fish'n trip, you just got called out to work.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For when you get back from fishing.

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    999.9 KB · Views: 42

toby2tongues

Reaction score
probably not a bad idea to get a good service manual...I have seen a lot of different ones out on the interwebs...what would be your advice to a new owner?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
As posted already. You lost vacuum and the ac goes to defrost for safety. Thats a standard thing DOT requires to happen when there is a failure. Sending hot or cold dry air to the windshield is a safe idea. I feel you may have messed up some vacuum hoses when you adjusted the vrv so start looking around there.

toby2tongues

Reaction score
where the vacuum "t's" to go into the firewall, (reduces down to the little hose) the big hose that goes out of the T had lost its plug...I assume it needs a plug, I could not find anywhere for it to plug into, and the vacuum diagram above does not show the hose going anywhere.

problem fixed, thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZTSpridgen

Members online