a/c stalls engine at idle

GREASE FIRE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this may be fuel supply problem because my wvo tank still is not heated - but then again i can do 70 mph with the a/c full blast and no problems like this. Perhaps at idle the lift pump is not going fast enough to supply the engine when the compressor kicks on - but today i had the a/c on while idling and it started sounding rough, so i shut off the a/c, then later on the same thing happened but this time it stalled.

there is also a chance that the fast idle is not working when i turn the a/c on because i had to modify the electrical to get it hooked up again - something melted down in the fuse panel long before i owned the truck.
I suspect that if i can turn up the idle speed it would solve the problem - does anyone know how to do this? my 6.2 with the same pump has a plunger-solenoid thing with a screw to turn but it is a gm part and i don't see the same thing on this pump. Anyone?

thanks,
Paul

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I'll bet it was good and hot out today. That'l raise the head pressure if the fan clutch is weak. A couple of things can be done if that's the case, install an electric pusher fan in front of the condenser ,or add an overpressure cutout switch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online