a 2nd International in the stable?

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
towcat said:
...I can bore you to death with Buick info :D ...
PLEASE DO! :thumbsup: but i guess in a different venue - i'll check out your link, but feel free to send me more (PM is always open).

Now that spring has sprung, i've been talking about 'spring cleaning' - which of course involves getting the 'Riv out of the garage & back on the road - i'll be bugging you.

and back on topic: that Scout is sounding better every time someone new posts, so i think i may jump on it... we'll see if i can get it down to $200, though. i think he's at least willing to come down a little to offset my hauling expense.

[EDIT] upon reflection, i realize that meant to add: i knew the '67 introduced the 430, & then the 455 came a few years later, right? '71? Stage 1's started in '70?

Last edited:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
soulpatchfr said:
PLEASE DO! :thumbsup: but i guess in a different venue - i'll check out your link, but feel free to send me more (PM is always open).

Now that spring has sprung, i've been talking about 'spring cleaning' - which of course involves getting the 'Riv out of the garage & back on the road - i'll be bugging you.

and back on topic: that Scout is sounding better every time someone new posts, so i think i may jump on it... we'll see if i can get it down to $200, though. i think he's at least willing to come down a little to offset my hauling expense.

[EDIT] upon reflection, i realize that meant to add: i knew the '67 introduced the 430, & then the 455 came a few years later, right? '71? Stage 1's started in '70?
yup
'67 is the first year of the 430
'69 is the first year of the stage1 package
the stage2 option was a under the parts counter deal
'70 is the first year of 455 and the last year of the high HP stage1 and stage2 package. But the ingredients can be put into later year motors.
'74 was the last year of the reduced HP stage1 package.
I'd better get off the Buick topic before Mel comes by with his lightsaber :D

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
back on topic:

OK - it's looking like i'm going to make it happen (some way). good vibes from the forums, & i should be able to whittle it down a bill or 2.

check this out...
walk down to Bill's house (2 doors down - he's in his seventies, always wrenchin' on something)
Q) "hey Bill, know anything about Scout's?"
A) "you kiddin' me boy? I got 2 up in the mountains - one of 'em's a diesel. Nissan inline 6. that's a BAD MF. I got a spare body with all the good parts you need - it's green, with the big white stripe down the side, though. what color is yours? tree fell on the roof of this one, but the rest of it is good. paid $100".

i'm going to make a trip up to DC in the next week or so, give it a once over, & probably drag it home.
anybody from that area coming this way? ;Really want to make a dollar or 2?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
soulpatchfr said:
i'm going to make a trip up to DC in the next week or so, give it a once over, & probably drag it home.
anybody from that area coming this way? ;Really want to make a dollar or 2?

Only got one thing to say..... Giterdone! :rock:

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
well, i didn't make the 'check it out' trip, but today i agreed to pick it up by month's end - for $250... i'm now a 2 IH household!

hopefully i'll have it home by next weekend (how do i bug out of work to go get it when i'm buying it from the company owner, though???)