99.5 no turn signals or hazzards

brdmh44

Midwest Chopper
Reaction score
Hi everyone,*

I just bought a late 99 and my turn signals/hazzards quit working.*

So far I've changed the multifunction switch, the relay behind the radio, and the flasher module. All fuses were checked and replaced as well as the bulbs.*

I am beginning to think a wire is shot in the column harness after searching the forums and reading numerous posts. However, no one said what wire(s) they repaired.*

Does anyone have a clue?*

I reduce to drive without turn signals and I'm stuck without the truck.*

Also, the running lights and all brake lights works.

Thanks for any help!

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take the schroud off the steering column, just 2 screws on the underside, some wires will be exposed. If you have to remove the steer wheel, BE SURE AND DISCONNECT THE BATTERIES, if the air bag lets loose, it'll blow your head off.

brdmh44

Midwest Chopper
Reaction score
Hi OldBull8,

I already removed the covers and changed the multifunction switch. I simply cannot figure out why there is nothing happening with the flashers. Everything else works and most everything is new. If anyone has a pinout so I can check for power @ the multifunction switch wiring plugs that would be great! I bought this truck since my other one lost heat and it has been chilly driving the last few days with these sub zero temps. Brrrr.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fuse #1 is for flashers, make sure you have power on both sides of the fuse. That powers both flasher units. Some times the blade contacts get bent apart. I don't have any wiring diagrams that show the blinkers. Did you check for power at the switch?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you say multifunction sw, do you mean the turn signal sw. or the one at the bottom of the steering column?

brdmh44

Midwest Chopper
Reaction score
Yeah I meant the turn signal switch/multifunction switch.

I changed the flasher in "relay one" and went and inspected each fuse and it's particular location. Everything checked out.

I'm trying to figure out what color the power feed is to the multifunction switch to make sure it is actually getting power to the switch.

The actually flasher relay gets warm to the touch as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online