96 ford PS van tow-truck.. ***?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has duallys, upgrade suspension, air compressor, air tank, air bag,*****, battery jumper on bumper, captains chairs, custom interior package, bed, very confortable to tow in for hours, *****, Automatic, power windows, power door locks, runs great, cold ac

I don't see the ***** anywhere LOL

The paint job needs to go (especially if you're doing repo work, subtlety counts for a lot), and switching to DRW hubs on the front would be beneficial, but otherwise I like it :D

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
maybe shes under the van changing the oil?

looks like something you would use to pick up a car with of people. looks like old AAA

10lug rear... 8front...

I don't see the ***** anywhere LOL

The paint job needs to go (especially if you're doing repo work, subtlety counts for a lot), and switching to DRW hubs on the front would be beneficial, but otherwise I like it :D

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, the paint job is the perfect "hide in plain sight" disguise for a repo man. It looks like something some fanboy inherited from his Uncle Ernie and "personalized" with some weird admixture of A-Team wannabee and Hot Wheels collector personas. No one would suspect it's a repo-mobile (except anyone seeing the ad, of course....). Retracting tow bar would make it complete.

Double irony on the "*****" is that there's an obvious reference to the correct spelling in the pic of it on the front bumper (clearly says "Superwinch")...

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
hopefully its the 4.63 and not the 5.13.... atleast it has a e4od

I didn't think about that...a van that comes with its own ***** who also does your oil changes for you? Where do I sign up? :love: ;Sweet

I missed that...I don't want to think of what the rear axle gearing has to be like :shocked:

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Seriously cool. Yeah, definitely a crazy rear axle install.

Ad actually mentions "*****" more than once. Seating for several wenches may come in handy! :rotflmao

sassyrel

Reaction score
all joking aside,,SOMEONE, put a h of a lot of work into that....dont like it myself.. just saying..

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
all joking aside,,SOMEONE, put a h of a lot of work into that....dont like it myself.. just saying..

Quite so, sassyrel. I'd hope they reinforced the rear frame. The stock E-350 rear frame is quite tough (I know that from personal experience), but strong enough for SERIOUS tongue weight?

And I'd hope they figured out how to incorporate the much larger brakes on that rear axle.

Hey, this beast is almost in Towcat's neighborhood. I'd like to see his feedback.......

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I'd hope they figured out how to incorporate the much larger brakes on that rear axle.
I'm sure they did; it would actually be easier to incorporate the disc rear brakes than it would be to try to swap to drums. I assume that's a Dana 80 out of an F-450...my question would be, did they swap to a 4x4 transmission to incorporate the driveshaft parking brake, or does that truck not have a parking brake? Also, I wonder if they swapped to hydroboost? ...for that matter, has anyone done a hydroboost swap on that generation of van? The E-350 short buses at work have factory hydroboost, but those vans are all less than 4 years old...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I'm not sure there is room for a hydroboost on a van. I don't recall which make of van I saw but the master cylinder was mounted sideways to the brake peddle. then it was activated by a lever action fixture.. Really didn't like the looks of that piece either.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure there is room for a hydroboost on a van. I don't recall which make of van I saw but the master cylinder was mounted sideways to the brake peddle. then it was activated by a lever action fixture.. Really didn't like the looks of that piece either.
It's been a while since I've played with an '80's E-Series, but I'm pretty sure the setup was more conventional than that. Hydroboost isn't completely impossible; the new vans at least have it available, and there's no more room under the "hood" than on the earlier vans. The Ford vans have more space forward of the cab than Dodge or GM vans :dunno