96 7.3L Powerstroke in 86 F-250

HondaCowboy82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not so sure you want a T19 behind a powerstroke.

O and you will need a place to mount the ECM. On the 96 it goes thru the firewall and sits right where your 86 e-brake is. There a bunch of things that make this swap a pain in the ass. i have been reserching it for almost 2 years.

I wanted to keep my 86 interior but unfortunatly it looks like i am going to have to use the 92-97 interior just to keep my sanity w mounting the ECM, making the cruise work, headlight dimmer location, fuel switch location, and a bunch of other things.

My Ebrake is not hooked up from when i did the axle swap. (oops) I will probably just cut that out and mount the ECM there? My cruise has been deleted when i put the new steering wheel in. What do you mean by the fuel switch?

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
My Ebrake is not hooked up from when i did the axle swap. (oops) I will probably just cut that out and mount the ECM there? My cruise has been deleted when i put the new steering wheel in. What do you mean by the fuel switch?

You dont have an e-brake w a stick truck? that is looking to hurt someone

Your fuel selector switch. on the 86 is it mounted by the heater contols. on the 96 it is mounted by the headlight knob

1994IDI

Reaction score
I knew brad would chime in. I thought he was planning the exact same swap. But really, to the OP I know Brad has been looking in to this for sometime so he certainly knows what he's talking about on this subject.
Lot's of other knowledgeable folks here on the subject too.

HondaCowboy82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, thanks for all the input. A guy came by the house and actually bought the green truck at my asking price so, guess i will stick with the IDI. May swap in a 7.3L IDI later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online