94 7.3L Factory turbo Motor Complete

perk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am selling my 7.3l Factroy Turbo IDI out of my '94 F350. It is the best running IDI I have owned or driven. Injection pump has less than 10,000 miles. Injectors have about 15,000. Engine has 210,000. It uses very little oil for an IDI. I typically don't add any between oil changes which occur every 2500-3500 miles. I have always used rotella oil and fleetguard filters since I have owned it in the last 6 years. I check the SCA/DCA level about twice a year and have kept up on it. LUK Single mass flywheel and clutch can be included for the right price. Currently has the dual coil glow plugs. Never been turned up, gets descent fuel mileage for gear ratio / load. Valve Cover Gaskets ooze a little, so the engine is filthy.

Basically, this is a great runner, I am getting rid of it to make way for the 5.9l. Owned by a mature adult and has been well cared for in the last 6 years.

Please feel free to respond to this or call 36O-597-68O3 to discuss. Pictures are available upon request. Just pm me your email address and I will send them. It should be available in about a month. It is still available to drive for the next couple of weeks.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Please list a price for it, I believe we have a no fishing rule here which means you have to put a price on it, even if you're willing to work out a best offer or something. We've had several members just post stuff without a price and then get offended when someone makes an offer on it.
I'd be interested in it, but I can guarantee the shipping would kill the deal for me.

perk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oops. I forgot to list the price. I am asking $2,000 obo. I will likely be more flexible now because of logistics with moving.

Shipping is probably cheaper than you think. I priced shipping an axle from WA to FL at $300 a few months ago.

Remember I am open to offers

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like a very nice engine, but you'll have a hard time selling it for that kind of coin. I've seen 5.9 Cummins sell for less.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I am open to offers as well.

FWIW, core price for complete engine is $1500.
can you pm me the number to the buyer? I have three motors I would sell at that price in a hot second. one even has a factory turbo setup on it. if he's offering that kind of money, it's as good as sold.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I am open to offers as well.

FWIW, core price for complete engine is $1500.

Core on a 6bt is reputedly $2500 as well, but you can buy runners for a fifth to a third of that if you watch.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I think it is funny when people throw out a core price for something and say that is what it is worth.

The Core Price is a number that a re builder uses to make damn sure that they are getting a rebuildable core back, so that the customer wont sell their core motor for scrap, or to a buddy for $300.00. If you have $1500.00 tied up in a core charge, that is a guarantee that your motor is going back to the rebuilder. But one thing for sure is that if you drove up with a motor to sell for a core, he wont write you a check for $1500.00

A good IDI motor can be easily found for $400 to $800, and a turbo setup can be had for $500 to $1000.

Good luck with the sale and you'll love the Cummins! :D

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oops. I forgot to list the price. I am asking $2,000 obo. I will likely be more flexible now because of logistics with moving.

Shipping is probably cheaper than you think. I priced shipping an axle from WA to FL at $300 a few months ago.

Remember I am open to offers

Shipping an axle...say a D60 front is about 575 lbs and slightly longer and alot less in width and height.

A fully dressed IDI with a few extras....looking at at least 1200lbs and a far bit more size than an axle.

JM2CW probably looking at 6-700 shipping depends on where

perk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked the shipping price, and it looks like it would be about $600 if it shipped to FL. You can't get much further away from WA.

If someone was interested in trading, I would be interested in a boat that I can ski behind.