'94 -5.8 want start without eather

ERR

Reaction score
My '94 Ford pickup with a 5.8 has got to where it will not start,if I spray eather in it, it starts everytime. After I kill it either cold or hot it want start unless I spray with eather again. Thanks for any help.:dunno

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats the fuel pressure before you start it? how old are your plugs? how old is your coil? whats your compression? many questions to ask, what have you checked so far?

ERR

Reaction score
I had this PU in the shop A short time ago. They checked out most everything. Fuel pressure was 45lb. on both tanks, {normal}. I ask him to put new plugs in if needed. Put on new distribute cap, one new plug wire, and ckecked out A few more things. Not sure about the age of coil. Not sure about compression. Then it was starting good. But now it is not starting good again with out help.
I have not give up yet.
Thanks A lot

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they changed one plug wire? why not all of them? did they change the spark plugs? also whats the mileage of the trk? did they change the fuel filter? dd they check the fuel pressure of each pump before the fuel filter or at the fuel rail? ok heres what i would do ifi was you, make sure your tune-up is good. make sure you have new spark plugs,wires,cap,rotor button, fuel filter,air filter and pcv valve. if it has over 100,000 miles go ahead and replace the coil, but when your changing the spark plugs look at them, see what the tips look like, that will tell you a lot, also just go ahead and check the compression while your changing your plugs that will tell you if your having any type of cyl problem as well

ERR

Reaction score
They did not change the spark plugs, the PU has 131,000 + miles on it. They put new fuel filter on it. I will add rotor button, air filter and pcv valve. I will look at the tips on the plugs, check compression. It does not use any oil. That should tell me something, and I think that will get it to where it will start on its own. Thanks A lot.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont use cheap plugs, go with motorcraft, if it had plat. plugs in it factory, get plat. plugs. trust me, it wont run right if you dont

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7