94 460 questions

chris88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At work we have a 1994 F350 dump truck with the 460 in it that isnt getting fuel. It was bought at auction so we have no idea what has been done to the truck. It will run if you pour gas down the intake but it will die as soon as the gas runs out. It its fuel injected. My first thought was a relay but i dont know too much about these gassers.
Chris

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
well first thing first, ya need to pick up a chiltons n go over the wiring schematics to find out what directly effects the fuel pump. then go from there. I hate trying to diagnose fuel problems on an early electronic gasser! first question, can u hear the fuel pump running when u turn the ignition on?

:draw

kblackav8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure the fuel pump shutoff isn't triggered. Small black thing with a red button on it sort of like a circuit breaker. To reset push in the button. They are usually up behind one of the kick panels. You should hear the pump run for 2 seconds as soon as you turn on the key. If not then start there. I wouldn't say that is the only problem but it might be. Pouring gas down the intake on a EFI motor does almost nothing except prove the ignition is firing. The pump/pumps are all electric. Might help to pull the codes from the computer and see if you have anything there.

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
One tank? Two tanks? Can you hear the pump wine when first turning the key to on? Is there pressure at the Schrader valve on the fuel rail? Is the inertia switch behind the pass side kick panel tripped? Fuel filter blocked?

Adrianspeeder

chris88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry about no replys, I kinda forgot i started this thread down here. The truck is running. I didnt get it running but it was a couple things. One thing was the fuel shutoff was bad. And the wiring was screwed up a bit i think. There are quite a few other problems with the truck. The transcooler in the radiatior is bad and the trans linkage is messed up. You have park in its normal spot then everywhere else is drive. Thanks for the help.

Chris