'93 Power Window Wiring

PSDfreak

Diesel-a-holic
Reaction score
I need to roll down the side window on my '93 F-350. Problem is there is no power to the truck and everything from the windshield forward is gone so I need to figure out another way to roll it down. I figure I can probably take the wires and put power to them one way or another to get it to roll down, just dont know which to grab...any ideas?

Thanks,
Casey

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Matthias and I recently encountered this issue on his Night Moose project. Kinda hard to put the window down when the entire nose of the truck is missing. We simply connected a battery to the cab floor and a wire from the positive to the fuse block fuse location for the power windows. That powered up the dome light too. ;Sweet

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
That will work, or pop off door panel and unconnect the two wire connector to the motor. Yellow to positive and red to ground will go down if I remember right. But easy to reverse that if needed.

PSDfreak

Diesel-a-holic
Reaction score
thanks guys, got it figured out...For future if anyone is curious...I had the door panel off already, So i just unclipped the 2 wire harness to the window motor...Got two pieces of wire and stripped the ends of both wires. Stuck the wires into the harness then touched the other sides to wires to a small 12v battery...At first it was trying to roll the window up, so I just switch around which terminals on the battery I was touching and it rolled down...Couldn't have been much easier.

Thanks again,
Casey

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger