93 frame crack, steering box

roamaround

Reaction score
Help Help Help,

I just noticed major cracking on the steering box bracket between the box and frame. Because it had not been noticed early on it's now into the frame. Any body know if there is a 89 to 93 steering box frame repair kit. I know I can make a repair but sure would like to know if there is one made already.
Any info is greatly appreciated.

TexasGunmetal

Diesel & Gun Smoke!
Reaction score
I doubt there is a kit, I'd stick weld some 1/4 steel to strengthen it up.

Ceejmo

Smoke a Ricer today
Reaction score
My 1990 Dodge Ramcharger has been repaired with a kit. It was like that when I purchased it for the Cummins swap. IIRC there are some years of Dodge trucks with recalls regarding the frame cracking at the steering box. A quick search found some recalls on Dakota models. I don't have much research time right now but I would look for frame recalls on your model before I bought or repaired anything. Having your truck repaired for free under a recall is good for as long as the vehicle exist. There's no expiration on the recall.

MMeier

Reaction score
There is a bracket out there that goes on the inside of the frame to help reinforce it. IIRC, it was designed for a Ramcharger, do a search and you should be able to come up with it, think the place I got mine from is in Florida.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online