93 f250 7.3 na auto heater hose

Chanceguiles

Reaction score
93 f250 7.3 na auto My heater hose has a 3 way on the return cannot find a location to put it in the system

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one line runs down behind the alternator and into the bottom of the radiator to heat the transmission fluid stock.

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
On my 1988 it is a straight hose from the passenger side of the block outlet to the heater core and the heater core to the water pump as I recall. No Y is required. Perhaps in future years there were additional needs, but have never heard of anything on this site. Perhaps the PO had something else hooked up. But guessing that is not the correct hose. My 88 just takes standard heater hose cut to length.

Last edited:

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don`t cheapen out on the Hose. I bought hose from Auto Zoo, and about 3 years later it was sweating coolant right
through the hose from one end to the other. No Name on the hose.

Replaced it with Gates Green Stripe, coming up on 3 years next month, and she is all dry.

Goat

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I tried to get one of those hoses from Ford one time. The parts guy I talked to on the phone had no idea what I wanted and said that it didn't show anything even resembling that on his computer. I ended up plugging the port in the radiator and putting a regular hose in it's place.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just put a radiator in and there is no conection for the house i will byppass the tird conection

Ok that makes sense then. Yeah just bypass it. I'd run a new hose to replace the old one. The gates green stripe hoses are good. I got mine from Napa. Some HD fleet hose that was much thicker than the cheaper hoses at Advance.

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup originally there was a hose that went to the bottom of the radiator, but unless you are a purist in keeping everything original, its largely agreed that the hose can be eliminated without in detrimental effects.

Since your radiator doesn't have it, just eliminate that hose entirely.

jrollf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don`t cheapen out on the Hose. I bought hose from Auto Zoo, and about 3 years later it was sweating coolant right
through the hose from one end to the other. No Name on the hose.

Replaced it with Gates Green Stripe, coming up on 3 years next month, and she is all dry.

Goat
2nd this... going on 4 years with Gates Green Stripes and they still look and feel new.

FYI Gates sells a cheaper quality hose too, the Green Stripe hose littery has a green stripe on it. Had to argue a bit with the young parts guy at NAPA... until the old crusty parts guy walked out and told him I was correct and to go to the back and get it.LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online