93 cummins truck making noise

jbelcher0628

Reaction score
hey i have a 93 cummins getrag 5 speed, with 276000miles, my question is i hear a noise when i let out of the clutch when i just start taking off. it has a clanging noise. sounds like a bolt with a bunch off washers on it shakeing around.lol only way i could describe it. if i let out of the clutch in first and hold the brake its really loves to make that noise. now is that the tranny or the clutch or a totally unrelated matter? thanks any help would be greatly appreciated

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
Its posssible that you have diesel engine vibration rattling a loose transmission. You should check the oil level in the trans or better yet, change it. Seeif that changes the noise or fixes it. When you are under there you might want to look for a boolts with a bunch of loose washers on it too;Sweet
Ken

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Have You ever done any work to that tranny? Sounds to Me like a trow out bearing or a worn out fork or retaining pin.

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
My vote is a throwout bearing crapping out on you. Have you noticed any need to push farther in or harder on the clutch pedal. Course you may have a loose mounting bolt and/or an exhaust clanging on a cross member as well. Either way, first thing I'd do is crawl under and see if there is anything obvious then consider going internal.