'92 7.3 IDI NA motor for sale in southern IN

zebrabeefj40

Reaction score
I have a '92 7.3 NA IDI motor that will need a new home soon. It's in the way of the 24V Cummins I wanna put in the truck.

426K miles, has a reman IP but I have no idea when it was installed. Return lines replaced, did not replace the caps as they were not leaking. Will include the new o-rings and caps. Oil cooler got new o-rings/gaskets from Ford several years ago. New t-stat/coolant/SCA's at the same time - test strips show the SCA's still good. New rear mail seal about this time last year along with a good used single mass flywheel (included) when the clutch got replaced (new clutch is not included). Motor has had Rotella synthetic for the last 80K miles or so. I use Power Service in the tanks at each fill-up. Runs well, I would not hesitate to drive it anywhere (towing the race car to Summit Point, WV next week). Usually starts on the second crank when cold with a faint cloud of smoke that clears quickly. Installed an Advance Auto reman starter last year that has been working fine (I think I got a good one this time). Motor has Beru glow plugs in it now. I have several sets of new Beru plugs available to the buyer for extra $$.

I wanna sell the motor complete fan to flywheel, oil pan to air cleaner. It will NOT have the gage senders (tach, oil pressure or temp), alternator, A/C compressor or P/S pump. It is a surpentine belt motor. I will also include the y-pipe that I have modified to work with a 4" exhaust. Made a noticeable difference in power. I will also include the glow plug harness/relay plus a spare glow plug harness.

The motor is currently in the truck and can be seen, started and run until on or about June 20th. At that point I'm pulling the motor to start the Cummins swap. Asking $550 for the motor as described. PM me if you are interested in seeing the motor run and we can make arrangements. Located outside of Lawrenceburg, IN - Cincinnati, OH is the closest big city.

Thanks,
Nick

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jchellen2

Members online