911 diesel dead in Gilmer Texas need help

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Hey glad he is back going. We are all here to help, (even if we do it in all caps) this is what this place is all about!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sounds like when the fuel tank switching valve was bypassed to one tank the valve started leaking. So to repair the leak a hose was routed around from one open port on the valve to the other open port. That right there is good proof the switching valve has gotten jammed to crap from the suction heads and it can't switch from tank to tank. These valves are a motor operated valve and grinding or drilling out the rivets will get you inside to clean and fix them. Sure cheaper than trying to purchase a replacement. Just buy the self tapping screws to put it back together when finished. Definitely dropping and cleaning the tanks is in order. Heres hoping the lines do not get crapped up going to the engine fuel filter. I don't believe that will happen because the suction level stops at 1/4 tank now. So the crap is likely only on the bottom of the tank. It does not float.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All fixed and on the road. No fuel leaks and running well.

Thanks again. Everyone

firehawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my selector valve get stuck. Truck came to a complete stop on the highway while pulling a trailer in a construction zone with no shoulders and concrete barriers on both sides of the two lanes. That was nerve wracking, trying to get it to start, hoping the valves would get unstuck, all while not getting hit. It did get unstuck, got it started (love my interstate batteries), and made it home on that one tank.

When I took the selector valve apart, it looked fine. Cleaned it up while apart, put it back together, and it stuck again a few weeks later. Installed manual selector valves like the ones posted in here, and it has been great since.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online