91' 250. 7.3 IDI Rebuild Kit ??

Jcortez86

Reaction score
I just recently bought a 91' 250 7.3 IDI Diesel. Have always wanted one and now I have. I keep looking for engine rebuild kits and for some reason am having trouble locating a complete rebuild kit. Any suggestions on where I should look ? Also looking to rebuild the fuel injection any suggestions ?? Thank you.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Take a browse through the tech section and stickied FAQs at the top of this forum.

Also, pop your truck info into your signature so we know exactly what you're working with.

stealth13777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are three places this site recommends for fuel stuff. I'll let those individuals chime in.

Got my rebuild kit from Napa. Pretty decent deal, good parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stealth13777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard the greatest idi site....good to see another southern member...:D

Nice! You're only about an hour north of me. Definitely go to Napa then, at least to start pricing stuff out, for rebuild parts. They have em. I used Hastings rings, mahle rod bearings, and sealed power main bearings with fel pro gaskets all bought together as a kit. (The kit itself I think is supposed to be all sealed power, but as that was back ordered my Napa gave me what was available of equal or better quality same price.) I've noticed rockauto putting bearing sets on clearance lately as well if you want to piece something together. They also had master kits last I looked.

I had my injectors rebuilt through typ4 on here, and plan to order a moose pump through conestoga injection as my next pump. People have also said good things about R&D I believe. Beware of low ball sellers (check the hall of shame).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jcortez86

Reaction score
Thanks guys, Ill have to go on Napa's website and snoop around. Currently Deployed in Afghanistan right now til December, so ill have plenty of time to look around.

Jcortez86

Reaction score
On Napas website the kits they offer aren't anything with stock pistons, everything is bored up ?? Any suggestions on how big I should go, and any good advice on where to send the block to get them bored to size ??

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
before you purchase anything.
read all of the "newbie" sticky threads.(located at the top of the IDI section)
lots and lots of NEED TO KNOW information.
especially threads on cavitation.
sounds like you want to bring this truck to bran new status.
IMO, having a block sonic tested is a MUST
knowledge is power.
if i were you, i would read all that i could while on deployment.
purchase another block when you get back and work with that while youre driving your truck and learning more.
when its time, you can do a simple engine swap.
playing with your existing engine will do nothing for you but gain information.
wouldnt want you spending all of your perdeium incorrectly.
you work hard for that ****!
COME BACK SAFE!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZTSpridgen

Members online