8th Annual (2009) IDI Rally Information

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't necessarily have to get a kit. Your local Ford or IH dealer will have O-rings and caps, and you can just buy a few feet of fuel line the right size, and re-use your clamps. It's the O-rings more than anything that need refreshed, but old hose doesn't play well with others.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
the dealer should have the o-rings for a more reasonable price

pulled from the parts bin
McMaster Carr Viton products
Part No. 9464K24 - Viton O-rings for 6.9/7.3 IDI Injectors

mcmaster.com has an awsome online search and if you enter the part number it will give you the exact specs of the o-rings if you want to try to find them yourself locally.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So can I do what Agnem suggest is put new lines on there but keep the caps and clamps just put new o-rings?

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Hope that helps. When are you coming/leaving?
Heath

Heath, can finally answer that! We are leaving Wednesday after work (around 3:30 PM). Tentative plans are to stay Wednesday night, meet up with you all on Thursday, then head out Friday. It's only about a 5 hour drive, so it's not bad (last weekend I went almost 8 to Darrin's).

Visitation is still not decided, so I still have to be back for Sunday, but depending on what happens, I may head home Saturday. It won't be a long stay, but I'll get to meet everyone. I won't be in an IDI either, as I mentioned previously, but with Darrin's parts help, maybe next year. Those 4.10's sure do howl at 70 MPH! :) The gearvendors will help, and I'm looking into a 3.73 gear change. I had the 3.55's, didn't like them at all.

Anyway, since Darrin twisted my arm (don't think he even knew I was interested! LOL) on that gear vendors he has, I'll be coming to pick it up.

So, if you see my Burgandy Santa Fe roaming around, flag me down, I'm lost! :) I have an oilburners sticker on the rear window as well.

See you all soon,
Scott

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very good to hear. We'll keep an eye out for ya.

I'm really glad you will be able to come, even for just a few days!;Sweet

Heath

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Very good to hear. We'll keep an eye out for ya.

I'm really glad you will be able to come, even for just a few days!;Sweet

Heath

As am I, will be good to meet you and many others, some I've met, some I haven't, and some I won't admit to either way! LOL

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I put brand spanking new O-rings on there, there was none before just to let yall know, now all I need is new return lines wish me luck

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Look forward to seeing ya Scott, it was nice last year was my first year and i was only there a couple of days but i got to put faces and people to names here. this time i am staying the whole week.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Look forward to seeing ya Scott, it was nice last year was my first year and i was only there a couple of days but i got to put faces and people to names here. this time i am staying the whole week.

Same here, I went to the midwest meeting, and have met several (Aric and Jim come to mind) in swapping parts and looking at trucks, etc.

Travis and I have tried to meet several times, but one of us has always had to cancel. I haven't heard anything from the goat boy, hope he still plans to attend.

Look forward to meeting everyone,

Scott

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online