87-91 Gauge Pod

Coyote_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I have seen pictures posted here of the pod that went above the radio/heater controls. I need to ask for a picture of one to be posted to show my boss. I may have something in the works:sly

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh had a picture...I think it might have been a photobucket one though...but you are correct, you've seen them...I want one for my truck as well! lol

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
Banks used to make the whole deal back in the day, which consisted of a 3 gauge pod (still available look at e gauges .com) and a pedistal to make it sit flat on the dash. On my 90 I used to have I made the pedistal out of aluminum bent 90* and trimmed to fit. The bottom edge fit into the gap between the 2 dash pads. Velcro held it on. Then I took a 3 gauge and a 2 gauge pod and welded them together to give a pod for boost, pyro, oil psi, water temp and volts all in one spot.
Traded that truck on the CC in 2002 so no pics.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here ya go,...

You must be registered for see images attach
Darrin, I'm sure this has been asked and answered countless times before, so please forgive the rehash...but, what gauges are you running?

{on edit} Just realized how vague my question was...I assume they're Autometers. I meant, what are you monitoring with the gauges? :) I'm guessing water temp, oil temp, oil pressure, pyro, boost, and trans temp?

Last edited:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
,....what a Smartass hu,...? ;Really

On the Pillar I am duplicating the factory dash gauges.

Volts
Oil Pressure
Water Temp.

On the Dash Pod:

Pyro
Boost
Trans Temp. I have 2 senders, one in the hot line, one in the trans itself, the little toggle switches back and forth for the gauge.

Pod under the dash is:

Fuel Pressure,
Vacuum
Air Filter Restriction Gauge.

The other gauge in the dash where the little cubby was is the controls and pressure gauge for the rear Air Bags.

Thats it,..:D

Coyote_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the picture Darrin. I thought one used to exist that sat directly above the radio/heater and was contoured to the dash similar to the box below the pod. Is that a triple pod from a OBS retrofitted into the brick nose?

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Since we've had some other threads resurrected today, why not this one? :D

I actually found this one via a google search (lucky me that it was here!). I searched egauges.com and couldn't find anything for 87-91Ford trucks. Guess it's a dead product?

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
E Gauges has the 3 gauge pod that is the top portion of the set up Ed has above his radio. The bottom portion was custom by Banks. NLA. I bent one out of aluminum as noted above. I think it was better than the Banks piece, but I haven't seen it since 2002.... My design could house some switches as well.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Since we've had some other threads resurrected today, why not this one? :D

I actually found this one via a google search (lucky me that it was here!). I searched egauges.com and couldn't find anything for 87-91Ford trucks. Guess it's a dead product?

Finding the bottom gauge holder that Banks had is like finding a needle in a haystack anymore. I exhausted the local Diesel Shops around here a number of years ago and came up with 2 more of them. One is on Droopy, the other is tucked away nicely in my shop to possibly be used for another project someday, or if I need to replace the one on my 2 bricks.

If someone has the ability to copy it and needs to use it or a mold to reproduce these, that may be a possibility as well. Dont know if they can be 3d printed or something like that. Just a thought,...

Throwback Thursday Thread,..