87 ^.9 WONT RESTArt after running

bratlee

Reaction score
I'm new here so I hope I'm posting in right place. My 87 6.9 starts cold and runs fine yesterday it reve up and would not shut off. Now it starts cold and runs fine but when I shut it off it wont re start unless I pull start it. Any help would be greatly appeciated

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Read FAQ and tech articles...stickies at top of this forum

SEARCH is good too

How many mikes on truck?

Could be gp gp controller IP or or or...read some of the no start threads...get an idea of whats what

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. We need a little more information before we can help. How many miles on the injection pump. Have you done any engine washing or work on the engine lately. How do you know the engine is a 6.9...

bratlee

Reaction score
I'm positive it is a 6.9 it has around 200,000 on it replaced return line o rings and a tie rod end other than that haven't had a lot of problems and now it wont start at all

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
now it wont start at all
That's no info at all. Ya already said that.

Fuel tank below a 1/4 tank? Shower head may have fallen off.

Fuel out the Schrader valve?

Lift pump? No fuel out of the filter.

Won't turn over fast enough? low batteries, bad cables, defective starter relay.

Battery condition?

IP FSS 12V power to it?

Defective IP? Cold start OK. No hot start.

Glow plugs burned out.

Defective GP relay.

Defective GP controller.

Blown fuses.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Yeah I was wondering if anyone else caught that.
Is it turbo?
How high did it rev?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

bratlee

Reaction score
No it isn't turbo and I put it in 5th gear and bogged it to get it to shut down when it reved. It reved up to around 25oo and I was setting still. I had put diesel from a holding tank in and it may have had a bit of gas in it . Didn't know that at the time. I was looking at it yesterday and noticed that the glow plug moduel is clicking so I'm thinking that is my problem. I replaced this about 4 years ago. After it reved it ran like a gaser does with a miss is the only way I know to describe it. It has full tank diesel. Batterys fully charged. It starts right up if I pull start it. And now it wont start at all , so I'm gonna check glow plugs today any other Ideas? Sorry I didn't put enough info on my first post like I said I'm new

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle