87 6.9 will not CRANK

Houndsman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok well I the battery's are good both of them been charging them. I repleaced the relay on the finder and tryed to start it and noting. I then jumped the relay I replaced and it was clicking but no crank. I can also here the glow plugs clicking as well, the key is bypassed on a push button on the dash. So key turn forward reach over and crank it nothing. Go back to the relay and jump it again clicks but no crank. Got to be the starter right?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you say "Jump the starter relay" did you put a screw driver or such across the big terminals on the fender relay? If you did and it still won't start, thenit is the starter. Maybe you just have stuck brushes in it, smack it with a hammer, then try to start, NO start, then NEW starter.

Houndsman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, well the job is done new starter in place an the truck is back on the road again, I found out that today that top bolt on the starter is a real pain in the ass, so I made a wrench the would work for the starter, I also found that the main lead for the starter the power supply had worn a hole in the jacket so the wire was rubbing on the frame, taped it up and put a wire Crover on it and zip tied the boy up, now it's all good also I do recommend cleaning the battery post and the connection, fired right up after I did thay nice clean contact now, thanks for the help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online