86 f350 A-pillar guages?

Ford86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys! I finally got my engine in sort of LOL but since its almost xmas I got the beloved question every teenage kid wants when building a truck hahah. So im thinking on going with pillar gauges since all I have left is body work after I get it running and I cant paint or anything till atleast spring so ill have time to save up. I was thinking about pillar gauges and ive read that if you get 94-97 gauges they work with a little dremel work which im fine with. my question is, is have you guys had luck with the glow shift kits? im looking at the quad set up. is there any better deals out there that you guys have had luck with? thank you guys!

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not sure why you would need a dremel tool to do gauges. I know my truck is different than yours, but not that much different. My gauges go on a plastic housing that mounts to the A-piller. There is enough room for the wires and plastic hose to get to the gauge and hook-up to the gauge.

Dave

Reaction score
I am not sure why you would need a dremel tool to do gauges. I know my truck is different than yours, but not that much different.

Dave

Because no one makes a pillar gauge mount for this generation of truck. You have to modify one made for an OBS. I did this for my bricknose using a pod made for an OBS and it came out fine.

Mike

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
OCS triple pod should fit. You'll have to cut the ends off and grant top and bottom from an '80-'86. http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1030732-92-pod-on-my-85-almost-done.html

I have an '86 and intend to do the same thing. If you have AC it's pretty much the only option to have gauges easily visible at a glance aside from making a gauge pod to go on top of the dash. If you don't have AC in your truck save the time and money and just drill holes in the bezel next to the factory cluster, where factory AC vents are. I have done this on previous trucks without AC/dash vents and like the easy visibility at a glance.

You must be registered for see images attach

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Like said, just take an OBS pod and get it to fit, thats what I did (just a single pod though). I think the glowshift ones are just fine.

TahoeTom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could put them above the radio.

Attachments

• DSC00234.jpg
    DSC00234.jpg
    459.4 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC00161.jpg
    DSC00161.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 23

Ford86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those ideas looks awesome! i really like the idea above the radio! and i was thinking on boost, pyro, tranny and either engine temp or oil pressure. any other guages i should really look into? i actually got a 311 tool piece set since i get 50% off student dis count. but i think i just got a job at kubota dealership! so the build should come together must faster. im so pumped!

MTKirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hung my gauges (cheapo's from summit) from the trim that holds the headliner up, drilled a hole to poke the wires through. This may not be strictly legal as they are in the windshield a couple of inches. It has the added benefit that at night I can flip the visor down and cover them up, cause the are way too bright for my taste (even with the dimming function).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.