86 chevy crewcab cummins swap

odee

Reaction score
Guys I'm on the down side of my cummins transplant into the chevy. Working on the cooling system now. I have a hd radiator from a 91 model crew with the 350, it is the aluminum plastic on 19 x 28 or so on the core. Will this on be enough cooling? What about hoses? It appears I will have to splice both top and bottom but if any are out there that will work with out splices I would like the help greatly. thanks

odee

Reaction score
I used the top hose from a 94 and up with a sleeve at the rad end to make up the difference in the hose dia. The bottom used the first gen spliced to the bottom gm hose with a piece of exhaust tubing.

chvycmnslvr68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't trust the Aluminum w/plastic tank radiator in any vehicle i was going to drive and work on a regular basis ... the 6.2 diesel radiator from 82-87 will bolt right in and be about three time the cooling capacity as the original dodge radiator (gen 1) and will last forever the same radiator was used in the 81-87(or thru 92 crew cabs)with the 454 engine ... and when I did my cummins conversion I was able to canter the factory dodge fan in the factory Chevy fan shroud and just had to shorten the length of the shroud tunnel to clear the oil filler on the cummins engine ..