86 6.9 c6 help

gem6.9

Reaction score
hello, i just instaled the c6 after i went through it and put a rebuild kit, new servo, valve body, pump,torque converter, modulator came with the kit and had pinkish looking color stripe on it . and when i go from park to reverse it works fine but when i shift to drive i have nothing unless i rev it way up and it like kicks in hard and goes away as you let off the peddle, is this a possible bad new converter or does it sound like some thing else any clues on what to check before i pull it back out would sure be apreciated.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not the torque converter. The TC would affect performance in reverse as well, and high rev the smack-in engagement sounds like sticking valves, or leaking seals on one of the apply pistons. Loose valve body bolts could also do this.

I'll assume the fluid level is proper.

Is the problem worse or better when the transmission is warm?

gem6.9

Reaction score
86 c6 help

thanks for the help david85, i will have to drain the fluid and take the the pan off and double check the valvebody bolts, i checked the pistons with air and they seemed to work good when i put new seals in from the rebuild kit.i will check it out befor i pull it out ,thanks

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could have sworn the correct modulator for the diesel is green.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online