84 300td price?

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I found a 84 300td it has been sitting more than it has been drivin. i have been after this guy to sell it to me for a good bit of time. so... today he asked me when i was going to make him an offer? what would be a good price for it?

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I presume this is the station wagon? How many miles? What's the condition?
How does it drive? Does the turbo work? The price varies a LOT with condition, but if it's the station wagon, it's generally worth more than the sedan.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's a station wagon, MAKE SURE THE REAR SUSPENSION IS IN GOOD SHAPE!! Wagons have a hydraulic self-leveling suspension setup that, if it fails, can get very expensive to repair (and, no, it's not feasible to swap in a conventional suspension, unless you come across a Euro wagon with a standard setup...if such a thing even exists).

That said, price depends greatly in condition...if it's in good shape and everything works (suspension, cruise control, ACC, etc.), $3K+ wouldn't be unreasonable, especially if it has the 3rd seat.

Any pictures?

Without knowing what shape it's in, I'd suggest starting at $1500 and go from there...but, some pictures and a better idea of its condition would help a LOT in getting a better idea on how much it's worth.