83 6.9 cdr valve relocation

chickendrank

Reaction score
Does anybody have pics of a cdr valve relocated? I've been piecing together parts and kind of doing a custom turbo build that uses an ats mount where the cdr valve used to bolt to.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Road draft tube. Another alternative is to pick up the relocation from a different turbo kit. I'm using bits and pieces from a banks kit on my build. I think you can actually buy some of the bits directly from banks if you can't find something used.

chickendrank

Reaction score
Road draft tube. Another alternative is to pick up the relocation from a different turbo kit. I'm using bits and pieces from a banks kit on my build. I think you can actually buy some of the bits directly from banks if you can't find something used.
I bought part of an old ats kit and it has the cdr bolted to the air cleaner so I'm guessing it went to the valve cover. How would I plumb in a road draft tube to work best for the 6.9 ?

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can post a picture of my RDT tomorrow. If you don't mind some oil vapors in the air it is the easiest and cheapest thing to do.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Been working out an idea for a RDT catch can. Most likely won't get to it until fall or next year, but I'll post a thread about it when I've got something figured out.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Yup. Class A tractors have ones that bolt to the oil pan (they call RDT's "slobbers") that are baffled and vented. My idea is to make a baffled can and mount it behind the cab so there's no oil smell inside, oil misting underbody or reports of "your truck is on fire!" from the normies that just don't know.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok, here is my setup.

my finger is pointing to the banks CDR tube spacer, this came with the turbo kt. I am just using it as a spacer.

my finger is pointing to the factory cover that I modified with a pipe fitting to connect the RDT to.

that aluminum cover is where the CDR would mount and a tube would run from that to the blue spacer. I don't have a CDR so that's why it is blocked off.

that little black tube is what the crank case gasses come out of. also known as a RDT.

TahoeTom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a Hypermax intake that uses the factory air filter. I used the Banks adapter on the IP gear cover and ran through a catch can made from a Goldenrod filter with a stainless steel strainer in place of the paper filter. The Hypermax instructions drill a hole in the valve cover and route from there to the CDR

Attachments

• DSC00172.jpg
    DSC00172.jpg
    430.2 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC00243.JPG
    DSC00243.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 42

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my finger is pointing to the factory cover that I modified with a pipe fitting to connect the RDT to.
Click image for larger version.

Name: IMG_20160502_063519.jpg

That's not a good place to connect the RDT too. You might loose a lot of oil, the IP drive gears are lubed by splash oil. Banks reason to use the outlet at 45* is so any liquid oil flows back. Banks formed hose to that outlet makes it even less likely any oil would come out.

Attachments

• DVC01530.JPG
    DVC01530.JPG
    274.9 KB · Views: 37
  • DVC01529.JPG
    DVC01529.JPG
    282.9 KB · Views: 57

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's not a good place to connect the RDT too. You might loose a lot of oil, the IP drive gears are lubed by splash oil. Banks reason to use the outlet at 45* is so any liquid oil flows back. Banks formed hose to that outlet makes it even less likely any oil would come out.

I never thought of that, I don't have much oil consumption. I do get a few drips when its parked but I think that is normal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online