7.3 to 6.9 swap complete!

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Sounds good. I swapped an 83 6.9 in my 93. Not sure if cavitation was the problem yet

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you got all the little bugs sorted out and the truck back on the road.

Congrats man.

Heath

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wow... You seem proud as a puppy with 2 petters... Thats a nice looking and sounding rig. Glad its up and running once again for you. The feeling one gets after completeing a big job is something special. Enjoy the feeling and ride. Best part of this is you know how to do it again or teach others what you know. Teaching others here is what many of us do. Its as satisfying are quenching your thrist... You fill in what does that for you....:angel::D For me its good water, then diet dr pepper or diet coke... Warm or cold.. It doesn't matter. Got used to warm diet after we had our frig break down. That was broken for 7 years. We ate out that much. Now its a pleasure to have something to eat here at home... funny how that works...:angel:

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats and very nice truck. Sounds like all went well and you are enjoying it. But I would also get that pipe off of there lol. But hey, if you like it that's all that matters!

slvrwrx

yeah, son
Reaction score
Story behind the stack..
The 7.3 had so much blow by that the recirc into the intake was coating my turbo with oil.. I then slung it everywhere leaking out of the compressor wheel. I then routed the ccv into the exhaust by way of venturi. But then at red lights I would smoke everyone out with a waft of wayyy to much blowby pressure. I work construction and a big demo job happened at a semiconductor plant, and I came up on this huge piece of stainless steel 4" pipe. I took it home and slapped it on with some flex tube and hard mounted it to my bed to not cause any damage with the bed flex. Then I blew all that crap into the air probably ******* lots of people off. The reason its so tall is to clear my motorcycles so I don't smoke them out when I have them or gear in the back. And now after the swap it stuck on me.. I like it now and I get people coming up all the time.. with of course mixed feelings.. but nonetheless I'm remembered. From job site to job site which actually helps me out with job security.. theres always that guy with the four door ford with the stack.. :)

My fuel is turned up and Im turbocharged, so it also looks kinda like a train goin by when I romp on it..

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sawweeet! She looks bran new. Lol, the bubbly tint reminds me of my moms old minivan
And I like the stack.....its giving me ideas: p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel